Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tuned GT 5 speeds please....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tuned GT 5 speeds please....

I have had 2 custom tunes, the first was from force fed performance and it seemed fine at first but the car started to run very rich, and the guy at force fed is not easy to get a hold of and always want the car for at least a day or more, because he is never sure when he can get to it, so needless to say I went somewhere else. For my second tune Tony at hp-performance worked with myself and the guys at SVS R&D (they have the dyno and Tony is in Florida), took about 2.5 hrs but the tune is good,and the car runs great, even made a little more power. Not familiar with the Bren or JDM tunes but I hear they are both good.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I'm guessing that he won't be calling you...lol
@7stang, one complaint I have with Lidio is no one pays the same price, I've talked to about 5 guys he tuned and they were all different....

ORIGINAL: downriverT

I have used brenspeed and bama gotta say they are about the same. When I change things I call both and for the last 2 tunes I needed brenspeed called back that day. Still waiting on bama to call back since May.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:12 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Ron, I believe he charges by the hour on that but I could be wrong.That would still be pretty expensive for only 3 pulls. When is your new GT coming in? I think you said in another post but I cant remember. Make sure you get it dyno'd when it is stock so you can have a baseline before your mods. I usually wait for the Dyno Days for those.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:16 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I was waiting on an email from Doug for a while too, I ended up calling him and he picked up the first time. He was able to fix my tune while I was on the phone with him and we kept in touch for a few days after that until I could confirm the tune worked correctly.

Give him a call.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Steeda CAI with inlet elbow and SCT (tried 2 different 93 tunes below)

Steeda Tune - OK

VMP Tune - Wow! Like a different car - no comaparison

I love Steeda products but the VMP Tune blew the Steeda tune out of the water and it was only $57 vs. $75 for Brenspeed, etc.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7STANG

Ron, I believe he charges by the hour on that but I could be wrong.That would still be pretty expensive for only 3 pulls. When is your new GT coming in? I think you said in another post but I cant remember. Make sure you get it dyno'd when it is stock so you can have a baseline before your mods. I usually wait for the Dyno Days for those.
I'll do the dyno days thing first. As far as the new one, saleman just told me it isn't even serialized so I got about 6 more weeks at least with out the break.

And for BAMA the only way to ask him a question is to call....
Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 PM
memphis90

Another thing to consider is which brand of tuner you have. I have a Diablo and not to many tuners write tunes for them. Doug seems to be one of the few who do.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:56 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

ORIGINAL: rmays06

I'll do the dyno days thing first. As far as the new one, saleman just told me it isn't even serialized so I got about 6 more weeks at least with out the break.

And for BAMA the only way to ask him a question is to call....
Cool, I look forward to seeing you there and what your car does - only about 5 months to go before he has another one. Aghhhh[:@]