Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust questions

or this is the exhaust guru's page you can browse different setups on there

https://mustangforums.com/m_3563477/tm.htm
Old 12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
6speed

Just finished installing an off roadH pipe this morning. With the Corsa axle backs that i already had on, it is "ridiculously" loud when you jump into it. I've been scratching my head now for hours.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:54 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6speed

Just finished installing an off roadH pipe this morning. With the Corsa axle backs that i already had on, it is "ridiculously" loud when you jump into it. I've been scratching my head now for hours.
watch out u might get a bald spot
Old 12-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Turbo_stangGT
I ♥ Acer

lol scratching your head for? not quite sure which exuast I want to get but want something of a deep and rumbly as opposed to the usual blarringly loud monster truck sound i have heard..it's just too loud.

I want something that is deep and resonating without being too off putting lol.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:09 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Turbo_stangGT

lol scratching your head for? not quite sure which exuast I want to get but want something of a deep and rumbly as opposed to the usual blarringly loud monster truck sound i have heard..it's just too loud.

off road prochamber and stingers FTW!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:34 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

That is what happened to me. I did the Pypes ORH pipe with Mid mufflers and side exit exhaust and it was MONSTEROUS SOUNDING<<>>ALMOST TRUCK WITH GLASS PACKS LOUD<
After advice from many here I put the Catted H pipe back on and man am I happy with the sound now.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

hmmwhen ppl ask what is best do they meanfor sound or HP? or a combination? from what I've heard the only part of the exhaust that adds HP would be long tube headers. but to do that you need a new mid section right? and then if you do that the stock mufflers might sound like junk.. (and removing that cats i hear only adds 1-2HP).. for me i think the best setup would be most HP gains slightly increased loudness (but not so loud I wake up my neighbors when i pull in at 3am, or attract the wrong kind of attention at anytime)
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Definetly go with the Mac axleback...they are VERY deep and alot louder then stock, but definetly not obnoxious. You can be heard from down the block and it will turn heads...but for the right reasons. The sound clips do no justice at all. Too deep to be captured correctly. Trust me, I'm very picky when it comes to exhaust sounds and I think so the price,ease of install,and the fact that its loud enough that you wont need to change your midpipe, I would buy these. Sounds as close to the 2V as I have heard. DEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Brenspeed.com
Old 12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Turbo_stangGT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

Definetly go with the Mac axleback...they are VERY deep and alot louder then stock, but definetly not obnoxious. You can be heard from down the block and it will turn heads...but for the right reasons. The sound clips do no justice at all. Too deep to be captured correctly. Trust me, I'm very picky when it comes to exhaust sounds and I think so the price,ease of install,and the fact that its loud enough that you wont need to change your midpipe, I would buy these. Sounds as close to the 2V as I have heard. DEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Brenspeed.com

deep and resonatingis okay...blarringly loud is just obnoxious lol.