Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Keeps getting worse and worse

Old 12-04-2007, 06:35 PM
tlme2waste

Default Keeps getting worse and worse

So it started with the car not starting in the cold soonly after installing a s/c.. the raceshop STILL hasnt found a problem to that. My NEW PROBLEM started today with the engine light coming on. Later on i accelerated and my traction control came on, then the engine light started to blink meaning engine misfire and my car felt a little differently. I love the car but im really thinking about getting rid of it due to the problems recently. I guess ill have to call the raceshop again and ask them what to do about it. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Keeps getting worse and worse

well it might be the 4500rwhp you are running (jk but look at your sig)...try cleaning out the throttle body completely
Old 12-04-2007, 06:55 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

IF you get rid of it. Ill take the pro-charger off your hands. hehehe.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:19 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

That sounds like one F'ed up tune IMO.

you are talking about manny and HPP in texas, right? I hold that shop in high regard but everything impressive I have seen out of that shop has been on a cobra. I almost worked with them on a twin turbo set-up last year but the fact they didn't have hardly any S197 experience at the time made me not do it.

A lot of previous gen tuners have problems with the S197 because it is a completely different car in every aspect of the word. HPP also specializes in turbos so I would be a little skeptical of them for tuning a s/c for me.

I have lot's of respect for them and know of some amazing cars out of that shop but like I said, S197's are a different animal and I would recommend having someone who not only specializes in them, but in prochargers as well, take a look at your tune.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Check all fuses and replace if necessary. Re-flash tune and disconnect battery. If all else fails, its the tune or a faulty sensor.

Hope this helps
Old 12-04-2007, 07:59 PM
wadman
2nd Gear Member

Just be patient it will all get worked out. I went through the same thing with my turbo. You know the s/c will work because alot of people have them. Believe me I know how you feel. If my car had been my daily driver I would have probally sold it. If all else fails call Brenspeed and just buy one of their tunes for it. They know more about s197s than anyone.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:01 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

go to a different shop! I have read several posts lately with the same/similiar problems, my car had a similiar problem went to a different tuner had the car retuned and now its fixed. The shop I went to was hp-performance their website is www.hp-performance.com ask for Tony, he will work with your dyno shop over the phone and tune your car, I am also very sure that other places will do the same, just don't give up! Take it somewhere else, get a second opinion.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

what did you have done beside supercharger? plugs? injectors? fuel pumps? i know that aome plugs have poor cold start characteristics (HT0's for one). Is it not starting at all though?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Custom dyno tune FTL! I have no idea what it could be, could be a lot of things I suppose. What codes does the ecm show?

Every time I read about tune issues it makes me glad I stuck with the stock whipple tune. There have been a lot of procharger problem posts on the forum lately.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

good move moose

while you're still running the whipple tune
with the 10psi pulley, i'd like to see your numbers
on a mustang dyno, to compare to mine...

to the OP, hang in there and I hope you get your
tuning issues worked out

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Custom dyno tune FTL! I have no idea what it could be, could be a lot of things I suppose. What codes does the ecm show?

Every time I read about tune issues it makes me glad I stuck with the stock whipple tune. There have been a lot of procharger problem posts on the forum lately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keeps getting worse and worse