Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Warranty and Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
cbrstng08
2nd Gear Member

Default Warranty and Mods?

I am the proud new owner of an 08 GT, and as much asI would like to start modding the hell out of my car, i want to kep the warranty intact. I was curious as to what types of performance mods i can do that wont affect my warranty. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty and Mods?

they have to prove that your mod caused the failure, and if it did, then you shouldnt be asking for warranty work anyway. But generally the safer mods are CAI, tune, gears, exhaust, suspension, etc.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

None. Park it in the garage and wait 3 years. OR check with your stealerships parts department. They have all the info on what FRPP stuff can be installed to maintain warranty. OR say to yourself "F**K the warranty. I wanna' have FUN!"
Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

dealer where I purchased the car does all my maintainance and warranty work, and I even asked them about my mods, they told me not to worry about it just bring it in and they will fix it. They have already done some work on the clutch system without even questioning me about the Specs II I have installed they just did the work. I guess to answer your question it just depends on the dealership.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:20 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

yes, it depends on the dealership. i called the one i usually use for my truck about installing exhaust, and they told me they dont do exhaust and referred me to a known crappy muffler shop. so i said hell w/ them and hell w/ the warranty, i'm modding this stang and keeping the stock parts, if something does go wrong i'll switch back to stock parts, reload stock tune, and pretend i know nothing about a flash tuner (whistling and looking around like nothing happened).
Old 12-05-2007, 05:30 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Depends on dealership or @ least their service manager(s). I hate the service managers @ the dealership whereI bought the car, asshats. I took my car to another dealer for the standard warranty work & they said they would fix any thing that didnt require to hook up to read the car computor. When they do that the info goes directly to FORD & if there is something that voids the warrantythe dealership has no say.
If you get an extended waranty get the FORD FACTORY warranty. You can use ANY dealer you want. I have one from a local provider thru the selling dealership & I am forced to take extended warranty work to them.They have noted the Procharger.[:@]So my drivetrain warranty is pretty much gone.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Warranty? What warranty, Man I started to mod my car the first week after taking it home. First thing I did was buy the CDC Chin spoiler then came the gt500 deck lid spoiler, then it was the Roush 1/4 Window louvers, Then the 10" silver racing stripes. All done within the first week.
Since the appearance mods are done I bought my C&L Racer Intake system and the sct xcal2 tuner and had Sutton high Performance load their tunes on it.
Now I have 373 gears and just installed my under drive pulleys...
And I am not even done yet!!! Its a bug you cant shake once it grabs hold

Welcome to the forum and start modding that thing
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
cbrstng08
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the advice guys, i need to talk to my dealer but it pretty much sounds like I am going to start modding and just keep the stock parts in case anything happens. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

most def depends on the dealer....

mine fixed a busted up tranny under warrenty... S/C and all on the car......

shhh - I busted it up.... @ the track!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Unless I'm mistaken, there are some FRPP Performance Packs that are specifically warranteed.

Norm

Quick Reply: Warranty and Mods?