Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A question for Saleen Servies VI DIY'ers

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:43 PM
kolb02
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: A question for Saleen Servies VI DIY'ers

Do the install yourself very easy, also get the kit from Brenspeed, they will help you with tuning and the install. By the way i love my saleen blower it eats Z06's for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kolb02

Do the install yourself very easy, also get the kit from Brenspeed, they will help you with tuning and the install. By the way i love my saleen blower it eats Z06's for breakfast lunch and dinner.
You better be running the 3" pulley to make that claim haha
Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I didn't need to remove the front bumper or fascia. The only thing you have to remove is the bottom plastic shroud and stick the intercooler up from underneath. Very easy to do. You put it right on your car's existing bolts.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wally39

I didn't need to remove the front bumper or fascia. The only thing you have to remove is the bottom plastic shroud and stick the intercooler up from underneath. Very easy to do. You put it right on your car's existing bolts.
I missed if he said his car was a 07 I had to remove the whole front bumper and swap some screws around. My stock screws where the intercooler pump should go were really short, I had to swap them forbigger screws. It wasn't that easy, but easy enough.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

The car is an '06 convertible.

If I can do this without removing the front fascia, then I definitely think I can handle this myself.

Anyone have any advice for getting the blower from one spot and then just getting one of Brenspeed's "Stage" kits? I want the stage two..

If I go this route, I just don't want any kind of hassle since I didn't buy the blower itself from him..
Old 12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Mine is an 06 also, so you won't have to remove it.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:07 PM
catalac
2nd Gear Member

Your description of tools and ability sound about the same as me and I had no problems, just follow the instructions they are 98% good. Impact is good for Alt pulley removal rest can be done with normal tools as per instructions. No need toremoved the hood, front bumper comes off easy, hose pliers might have been nice but I never used them. The only real glitch I had was the coolant cross over hose under the charger pulley you need to have a bit more than the 3 inches they say more like 3.5 and doing in once is tricky to get the clamp lined up not to hit the charger, I had to take mine off once and was by myself it was a back breaker to lift the SCon and off twice.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 AM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

I hate this forum I have done all the work on my car myself so far( because everyone here says its easy I havezero mechanical ability or knowledge but its been easy so far)and decided when I get the saleen from brenspeed in the spring I will just let them do it and be done no worries. Now I think I might do it myself. Atleast I will get to invent some new words this spring.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-08-2007, 12:00 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Well Mike, I don't know where you're located, but if you're anywhere near WNY, we could stumble through together.. LOL

Quick Reply: A question for Saleen Servies VI DIY'ers