Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:26 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Insurance

ORIGINAL: 22kart22

Lol onederfull, Are you at work right now?!

You're always on man haha
yea, i work 10-12 hour days and i'm always on at work. my co-workers think i'm a mustangforums addict. lol
Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Balys
1st Gear Member

Your rates willmost definitely go up I guess it depends on the type of person you are. I like the security of knowing if my car gets damaged im not paying a dime extra, you can always call your company or agent and have them quote it and just tell them this is what you were thinking of doing to the car and see what the increase is, mine was about 40 dollars more for 6 months when I added 10k extra body work coverage just to give an example.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:42 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't tell them crap.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

I keep my agent up to date with all reciepts and we have added additional coverage for the parts I have added to the car. This is your best bet. Find an idenpendant insurance broker who has it in their best interest to find you insurance. You will get a much better rate and better coverage than going to joe blow insurance.com
Old 12-07-2007, 08:17 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

yea, i work 10-12 hour days and i'm always on at work. my co-workers think i'm a mustangforums addict. lol
+1 me too !!!the girls are like "wow your in love with mustangs what can you possibly be reading or typing".
Old 12-07-2007, 10:01 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Nice! hahah. Where do you guys work? You must have a pretty cool boss if he/she knows ahha

ORIGINAL: T8Stanggt

+1 me too !!!the girls are like "wow your in love with mustangs what can you possibly be reading or typing".
Old 12-08-2007, 12:30 AM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wally39

I would NEVER tell my insurance company I have a blower on my car.
they just saw you say it
Old 12-08-2007, 11:34 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Balys

Your bet is to add additional coverageinthe ammount of roughly what you think all your mods are worth that waythey will cover it no questions asked.
Insurance isnot my strong point, so here'sa dumb question.
Exactly how does one apply forcollision coverage that's higher than the vehicle's ACV without specifying what the additional coverage is for?
Old 12-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Thats funny, I thought I was always online! I didnt thinkANYONE could be on more then myself...I am a 24 hour mustangforums junky, I cant stop reading and posting.
Besides there's a ton of information and I love to look at pictures of what everyone has done to their cars
Old 12-08-2007, 01:10 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

I'm hearing a lot of misconceptions here about insurance. First off, your insurance should not be charging for after market parts and mods unless your company deals in specialty vehicles of some type and is classifying your Mustang as a special vehicle. I write for USAA and our standard is, if you have receipts for mods, we will replace them, no extra charge. That is what a reputable company would do and there should be no debate there. I have never heard of an insurance company dropping the insured for mods to their vehicle unless there was a claim involved where the insured damaged their vehicle as a direct result of excessive speed. Unless you have had a claim they have to give a better reason. So what's the rest of the story here?

Quick Reply: Insurance