Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2007 Ford Mustang GT Supercharger recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:19 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Ford Mustang GT Supercharger recommendation

Any numbnut can work at the dealership. I bet you 90 percent of the members in this section know more than the dealer.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:13 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

i like the procharger

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang.shtml
+1 on the procharger.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Procharger!
Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

if you are dead set on a front mount due to the shaker hood then i would agree the Procharger is your best bet...
Old 12-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: ssemich

thanks for the pics of the saleen with shaker...

My local dealer is telling me that the centerfuge type chargers use too much boost and are unsafe. He told me anything over 5 lbs is too much...

He said roush and saleen produce their horsepower from low boost-4 lbs and the 8-12 lbs of boost from other chargers will hurt my motor in the lonf term?

Steve
Your local dealer does not know what they are talking about. Centrifugal superchargers are not unsafe. Anything over 10psi on stock internals is considered pushing the limits, certainly notjust at 5psi. As far as the Saleen blower,it does start out around 4.5psi with a 4" pulley.
so it's generally safe to be running 10 psi for a daily driver or would it be best to keep it down to 9 or even 8psi?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:12 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thief_of_Hearts

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: ssemich

thanks for the pics of the saleen with shaker...

My local dealer is telling me that the centerfuge type chargers use too much boost and are unsafe. He told me anything over 5 lbs is too much...

He said roush and saleen produce their horsepower from low boost-4 lbs and the 8-12 lbs of boost from other chargers will hurt my motor in the lonf term?

Steve
Your local dealer does not know what they are talking about. Centrifugal superchargers are not unsafe. Anything over 10psi on stock internals is considered pushing the limits, certainly notjust at 5psi. As far as the Saleen blower,it does start out around 4.5psi with a 4" pulley.
so it's generally safe to be running 10 psi for a daily driver or would it be best to keep it down to 9 or even 8psi?
Many many people on these forums are running 10psi on the whipple ho kit. Their tune is considered safe out of the box so they are fine. Make sure your tune is a good one otherwise running any psi is dangerous.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

kewls.

in your opinion,do different SC kits at the same number of psi make more or less power then other kits or does the difference only lie in the spool time and it's power delivery?

say a twin screw sc vs a Centrifugal sc both at 10psi on a stock motor?

*sorry for the thread jack lol
Old 12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

say a twin screw sc vs a Centrifugal sc both at 10psi on a stock motor
About the same.

If you're going to stay at 8 psi or less, Brenspeed's Non IC Vortech package is an excellent value. Over 8 lbs, you should have an intercooler. I like the Paxton package from Brenspeed, especially if you're going to do the install yourself. I prefer a air to water I/C over an air to air and the Vortech and the new Paxtons offer this. I think Procharcer holds the record for highest HP on a stock block but also the most blown engines. But, as most will agree, at or below 10 psi any should be OK.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

say a twin screw sc vs a Centrifugal sc both at 10psi on a stock motor
About the same.

If you're going to stay at 8 psi or less, Brenspeed's Non IC Vortech package is an excellent value. Over 8 lbs, you should have an intercooler. I like the Paxton package from Brenspeed, especially if you're going to do the install yourself. I prefer a air to water I/C over an air to air and the Vortech and the new Paxtons offer this. I think Procharcer holds the record for highest HP on a stock block but also the most blown engines. But, as most will agree, at or below 10 psi any should be OK.

how easy is the install?? a tool set,patience and a six pack? maybe a few joints? lol..

would be pretty sweet to do the install myself in my uncles garage..
Old 12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
sidmanic
2nd Gear Member

Air to air int are easier to install than air to water. Just less parts to install. The ProCharger also has a self contained oil system which makes it a little easier as well.

Quick Reply: 2007 Ford Mustang GT Supercharger recommendation