Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SC a brand new car??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: SC a brand new car??

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

I put a Procharger on the car within a week of purchase. Now 17 months later, there's not much original stang left. Drivetrain, fuel system, FI, suspension...all been changed. Inside is pretty gutted too. Still looks like a mustang...lol
noice..now THATS how you do it!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

well get on down there, before
the last one is sold!

boost boost boost

ORIGINAL: Thief_of_Hearts

all this talk is making me want to go to the dealership today! [:'(]
Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Meangreen1200
2nd Gear Member

Been there, done that.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

what?! do i have to worry about such types of mechanical failure with something like the paxton SC kit?
Nah! That was some freak accident with a GT500. They have a different transmission anyway with a much beefier input shaft i'm sure. The input shaft on a mustang gt will break long before the transmission rips itself out of the car. Plus the paxton isn't going to hit you with tons of torque at low rpms.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: moosestang

what?! do i have to worry about such types of mechanical failure with something like the paxton SC kit?
Nah! That was some freak accident with a GT500. They have a different transmission anyway with a much beefier input shaft i'm sure. The input shaft on a mustang gt will break long before the transmission rips itself out of the car. Plus the paxton isn't going to hit you with tons of torque at low rpms.

comforting and scary at the same time..
Old 12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

comforting and scary at the same time..
Believe me, it's a lot easier to replace the input shaft on the transmission than it is to find your transmission after it falls out of the car on the interstate!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

aahhhhh NO. Ford pays on warranty repairs... they sell lots of Steeda Stangs and GT500s and Ford GTs when they were made. and they believe in good customer service!
I know ford pays on warranty work, but your dealer is supposed to deny warranty when an aftermarket part caused the failure. So basically they lied or forgot to explain why it failed. I know most dealers are dishonest, but I thought it was only to their customers. If my clutch or transmission failed after installing the whipple I wouldn't even consider trying to use the warranty.
prove the SC caused the failure!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:34 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Dont worry about that. I believe if you have the $ from the get go it is either go big or go home. I had nitrous on my car at 633 miles. Started with an old kit i had laying around. Bought a zex a while ago and never installed it. I had so much fun @ the start since it was one of the first ones to arrive around here it was funny seing people with fairly modded cars seeing the stang and after running a pass their jaws on the ground. Every1 used to say hmmm are they supposed to do 13.5-13.9 1/4 miles but they actually do 12.5's haha I miss those times!

Andrew
Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

the last time at the track I seen this GT with new car temp plates on the window and I swear I was going to take him ..turned out he was running 12.8s all day! It was an old timer driving it as well..surprised the heck out of me,thought he was stock..had no idea what he had..[:-]
Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

bah..I am not going to SC it right away,I am deluding myself if I really think that I am not going to race a brand new 450+whp SC/GT..it's kinda like handing an aggitated person a loaded gun and telling them not to use it lol.self-control will only take you so far...

I think I will do the basic intake/tune,exhaust mods,4:10 gears and just keep it like that til spring of 09 like I had planned.

Quick Reply: SC a brand new car??