Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SC a brand new car??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Turbo_stangGT
I ♥ Acer

Default SC a brand new car??

What do you all think about putting a SC kit on a practically new GT?

I am thinking of getting the car,gears about a month later then two weeks later ordering the SC kit right away then installing it so it will be all done and ready to go saaaay..by June? or maybe as early as April depending on when I get the car.

Never had a high hp rwd vehicle in my life mind you ,neither have I ever had the best judgement when it comes to racing..though with that much power I know I will be much more reserved then with the run of the mill hot rod four banger.

well..what do you think??

I also thought about just getting gears and exhaust,forgeting the intake because it will be replaced anyways..might as well just save that money lol.Getting some exterior mods and maybe some rims then just waiting til later later for the SC...though it will be slow for the meantime lol.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SC a brand new car??

saleen puts s/c's on new gt's

i say go for it, but use common sense while
breaking in the car
Old 12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Stangbanger3v
1st Gear Member

well as u know the whole FI has grown rapidly with the s197s ur warrenty is shot the second u mod ne thing (CAI, Tune, Gears, etc) so why not go for the whole shabang from the start... ur biggest question is what type of sc to go with twin, centrifugal etc...... u wont be disappointed with a sc mustang
Old 12-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Turbo_stangGT
I ♥ Acer

feel kinda iffy about touching a brand spanking new car

though I really like the idea of a few big mods,simple power without too many parts...

won't be racing this bad boy anytime soon though..not this summer anyways lol.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Turbo_stangGT
I ♥ Acer

weird question time..

Everyone knows how bad *** Cobras/Terminators are...how does a SCed GT fare against a Cobra? stock or lightly modded?

again,I am couting on putting those advertised numbers to the wheels (450-470whp)
Old 12-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: Stangbanger3v

well as u know the whole FI has grown rapidly with the s197s ur warrenty is shot the second u mod ne thing (CAI, Tune, Gears, etc)
not totally true!!!! depends on the dealer..... mine covered a tranny rebuild despite my Vortech and other mods....

ORIGINAL: Stangbanger3v
ur biggest question is what type of sc to go with twin, centrifugal etc...... u wont be disappointed with a sc mustang
soooooo true!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:15 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

I would probably drive it for like 10 to 15k miles to get the feel of it stock. Then supercharger it.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

There's nothing wrong with supercharing a brand new car. Many vehicles come with superchargers straight from the factory. Look at all the Saleens, Roush and other cars that come ready to rock. As long as you take it easy for the first 500 miles or so you should be fine. Our 08' Gt500 has about 500 miles on it and by the time we have 600-700 miles on it there will be a 3.4L Whipple on it. Drive it like you stole it! LOL

Jared
Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

kewls...I wil do it then,though like I said only after the gears/exhaust and about a month and half after getting the car.

*formerly known as turbostang_GT lol...

Old 12-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

hhhmm..maybe if I buy snow tires and just have them installed at the dealership..maybe I can get it sooner then later,maybe even in January.Not the best car to have the dead of an Alaskan winter but the snow hasn't been bad in like 5 years,for some reason east coast has gotten the blizzards and so forth..we have lucked out,1 or 2 large snow storms (2-3 ft.)the entire winter and it clears up real well for the rest of the months.So far..theres like no snow on the roads,mostly black ice and freezing weather....hhhmmmm

I could definelty get the SC by April if I get it in January of 08..

Quick Reply: SC a brand new car??