Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Will I mess something up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 09:22 AM
1998YellowStang
1st Gear Member

Default Will I mess something up?

I have a diablo sport tuner and 39lb cobra injectors. I plan on buying a vortech tuner kit and using my 39lb injectors and leave my fuel pump stock. For the tune, I will be using the stock diablo tune, until I can get up to a dyno shop and get it properly tuned. (within two weeks, and my car is a weekend car).

Two questions.

1) Is there a parameter in the stock vortech diablo tune that would modify anything for the aftermarket fuel pump that the entire vortech kit supplies?

2) If so, is it something I can modify myself for the time being, until I get tot he dyno shop? (I will stay out of boost and try not to drive it until i get to the dyno)

Thanks for your help!!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:36 AM
LMM1967
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Will I mess something up?

IMHO you are going about this backwards.

Get your fuel system up to snuff - arrange for a dyno tune and THEN work on the vortech.

If it were me I would NOT drive my car with a SC installed without having already upgraded the fuel pump and having the correct tune.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:22 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LMM1967

IMHO you are going about this backwards.

Get your fuel system up to snuff - arrange for a dyno tune and THEN work on the vortech.

If it were me I would NOT drive my car with a SC installed without having already upgraded the fuel pump and having the correct tune.
+10 definitely playing with fire doing it the way he plans
Old 12-21-2007, 10:44 AM
1998YellowStang
1st Gear Member

How am I going about this backwards? I have a vortech tune ready to install when i install the blower. Im just using it in order to be able to drive to the dyno shop. How am I suppose to install the vortech and not drive it to the dyno shop?

You guys are not understanding my question, I am asking wheather or not the tune from vortech for the blower will be chaning any parameter for the fuel pump. Because I am running a stock fuel pump and the tune that vortech supplies for its kit has an aftermarket fuel pump.....
Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 AM
LMM1967
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1998YellowStang

Because I am running a stock fuel pump and the tune that vortech supplies for its kit has an aftermarket fuel pump.....
If the tune is not for a stock fuel pump - I would not run it on a car that has a stock fuel pump. Text below was just copied directly from the Vortech website.

"**Tuner Kits do not include MAF housing or fuel management, or engine management, which must be provided by the installer for proper engine operation."

Again - IMO - not following EXACTLY what the manufacturer is telling you to do could turn out bad for you. They know more about their product than anyone on the internet - listen to them.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Not to mention aren't you posting this in the wrong section? Or did you buy a new car? (your name is 1998)...
Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Don't use wide open throttle and you should be fine until you get to a dyno. If this is on a 05+ gt you may not need to upgrade the fuel pump depending on the amount of boost. The vortech tune is for 39lb injectors right?
Old 12-21-2007, 02:18 PM
1998YellowStang
1st Gear Member

Yes, the tune is for 39lb injectors. Also, Ill be using the stock pulley which I believe is 7lb pulley.

Sorry, I do have a 2007 Mustang GT 5-Speed.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1998YellowStang

Yes, the tune is for 39lb injectors. Also, Ill be using the stock pulley which I believe is 7lb pulley.

Sorry, I do have a 2007 Mustang GT 5-Speed.
I know you are trying to save money, but why not talk to brenspeed.com about their vortech package. I'm sure they will sell it to you minus the injectors for cheaper and if you allready have a sct x2 tuner they will take that off the package price.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:33 PM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

I still am confused about your question. Are you upgrading the fuel pump or not? Like moosestang says, Brenspeed is very helpful with questions like this. (They supply a trunk-mounted boost-a-pump with their Vortech kit.)

Sleeper2

Quick Reply: Will I mess something up?