Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Installed full Jba system exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Evil 5tang
1st Gear Member

Default Installed full Jba system exhaust

So I just finished installing my new jba system that took about a span of two days. Not the all day each day mind you. But never the less it sounds awesome. I went with the ss longtube headers with a 3inch collector. 3in O/R H pipe, and 3in catback system and mufflers.Its pretty throaty and sounds mean as hell. I can definately feel the power it does give me. When I had the factory set up I could chirp even into 3rd with my auto but now with this system my back end fish tails a little going into 2nd. That was very unexpected lol. Anyways its a great system and im happy about the new found power but I just wanted to let everyone know some flaws about JBA's product that I found along the way when I was installing these bad boys. First off when I was taking off the factory h pype I accidentally broke one of the flange bolts[:-]but the otherones came off nicely. that wasnt jba's fault but i digress.. anyways When i went to bolt up the passenger side header to the block the holes in the flange wasnt drilled out enough to get the bolt threw to mount the damn thing so after i just did all that persuading to get the header in there I had to take it out to hone the hole a lil wider and the second thing that I have the biggest issue with is the darn clamps they give you to clamp you mufflers to the exhuast pipe.. Those things are horrible. The other clamps given to you are great but these things suck. I had to use a darn torque wrench and they are still loose. But other than that the product was pretty darn good. If some ppl are interested in the JBA system Ill make a lil video so you can get some sound clips. But overall I would do the install again just so I could get these results
Old 12-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed full Jba system exhaust

Yes, do some sound clips.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I'd like to hear some sound clips too. I will be putting the same setup on my car in the spring except I have the catted h-pipe.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:00 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Congrats...post sounds clips asap
Old 12-22-2007, 10:38 PM
BUGT
1st Gear Member

I went with "santa" the other day to buy the same set up lol
Old 12-23-2007, 09:54 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i have the same setup too...L/T headers, off road H-pipe, and the evolution exhaust. sounds very mean and throaty...
Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 AM
cantwin1
1st Gear Member

Congrats! I'm working on my OBX Long Tube install now..or soon as I get my kid up!! What a freakin chore it is under there! Even being 3/4 the way done...I'd still do it again vs payig someone to do it. Did you use a garage, lift, jack stands? Be good info for others. I'm in my driveway with jackstands in the front, ramps in the back..real tight fit but doable if you have the help of a tall person reaching over the fenders!!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Evil 5tang
1st Gear Member

O yeah most definately you need a helper on these things... I was inside my buddies garage we had 4 jack stands and a 4 ton jack that could lift up to like 2 feet. And pretty much every tool that we would need. We were very well set up. Yeah we had buckets to stand on and lean over the fenders because neither one of us is over 5'11 so were not very tall folks. The pain in the neck was when I was changing out the pipe between the midpipe and the mufflers going from 21/2inch pipe to 3inch.. The old pipe is impossible to get out unless you cut it out or drive to your local shop that has a car lift and bribe them to lift it for you. I did the latter of the two because a buddy of mine from HS owns it so it wasnt a big deal. Took 3 minutes tops to take out the old pipe and put in the new one.. Sorry for the long post but just trying to give ya some info.. I feel sorry for ya that you have the back on ramps that thing has to be pretty low.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:06 AM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

i have the same setup it sounds so mean....i've had a guy that was stopped behind me at a traffic light and got out of his car to ask me what exhaust i had.....he said he wanted to look into the same setup for his 06 GT....congrats...u'll love it!