MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/386561-turbo-twinscrew-centrifugal.html)

blackS197 12-27-2007 11:45 AM

Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal?

Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal? Which one do you want?

hypersurf1 12-27-2007 12:34 PM

RE: Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal?

Depends on what you want. If you want lots of low end torque get the twin screw. If you want power that builds linear to a crazy top end get a Centri. If you want the whistling sound with lots of power go turbo. The centri and turbo are about same in price, the twin screw is about a grand more.

forensicsteve 12-27-2007 12:36 PM

Almost impossible to answer. Unless the poster has triedone of each on the same car with the same setup...how would you know? It's mostly down to bias. Most everybodyis convincedtheir particular choice of FI is the best choice, even though they have no personal experiencewith another brand or mode of FI.

Dex 12-27-2007 12:40 PM

Almost impossible to answer. Unless the poster has triedone of each on the same car with the same setup...how would you know? It's mostly down to bias. Most everybodyis convincedtheir particular choice of FI is the best choice, even though they have no personal experiencewith another brand or mode of FI.
So true...

06Saleen3V 12-27-2007 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Dex

So true...
Couldnt have said it better myself. Do you think someone who drops $4-6 grand on a turbo setup is gonna give a rats ass about a centri or twinscrew? No, because they are pleased with the power increase and they wouldnt have it any other way

MexGT 12-27-2007 02:00 PM

:eek: But TS´s are better because of this...and that .... and blah blah ....:eek:

LOL Joking :D

Dex 12-27-2007 02:06 PM

lol

hammeron 12-27-2007 07:58 PM

turbos are more efficient

wadman 12-27-2007 08:46 PM

I will tell you like it is. Turbo sucks on the street. Sure it is efficient, but the window of power is way to small. My Hellion kit is coming off monday. I ordered everything Zex had for my car. I thought maybe something was wrong with my kit till I spent about $300 on different dynos. Everybody said it ran like it was supposed to. I would highly suggest that unless you only want to run at the strip to stay away from turbo. Negatives are... Cant lower the car with out draging the ground."2"inches clearance" Cant hardly get to the oil filter... Way too quiet. Too much under hood heat. Positives are ? Maybe I looked over one.

hammeron 12-27-2007 09:17 PM

well if you ever do come back
to the boost club, drinks are on me

MexGT 12-27-2007 09:26 PM

Turbos are discarded now ?:eek: lol

sean air the air man 12-27-2007 09:30 PM

Is tossing a belt a genuine problem or a mith to confuse s/c fans?

wadman 12-27-2007 09:45 PM

Mex, I dont think you need to mess with your car after watching your youtube video. You seem to be the fastest thing in Mexico.

MexGT 12-27-2007 09:54 PM

uhmmm .... you know, theres never enough ! And nah I´m a slowbie, full bolt ons are not that good:(.

hammeron 12-27-2007 10:01 PM

it's very rare for someone to have belt
problems.....

ORIGINAL: sean air the air man

Is tossing a belt a genuine problem or a mith to confuse s/c fans?

ADudeInNewJersey 12-27-2007 10:01 PM

Andale Andale!!! Speedy Gonzalez!! :D

-John

06Saleen3V 12-27-2007 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: wadman

Mex, I dont think you need to mess with your car after watching your youtube video. You seem to be the fastest thing in Mexico.
+1...that video was badass Mex...keep it up!

Boss919 12-27-2007 10:40 PM

An 8 minute Poll, thats not fair. I didn't get to vote. Anyway, I vote centri, but I have a shaker.

Simon1 12-27-2007 10:49 PM

I will tell you like it is. Turbo sucks on the street. Sure it is efficient, but the window of power is way to small. My Hellion kit is coming off monday. I ordered everything Zex had for my car. I thought maybe something was wrong with my kit till I spent about $300 on different dynos. Everybody said it ran like it was supposed to. I would highly suggest that unless you only want to run at the strip to stay away from turbo. Negatives are... Cant lower the car with out draging the ground."2"inches clearance" Cant hardly get to the oil filter... Way too quiet. Too much under hood heat. Positives are ? Maybe I looked over one.
I don't have any of these problems with mine. Even though I'm lowered it's no big deal.

Thetwo issues I've had aren't really turbo specific. I've had to replace my clutch and my fuel mileage has dropped due to my happy foot.

Simon1 12-27-2007 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: blackS197

Turbo? Twinscrew? Centrifugal? Which one do you want?
Talk to the different shops in your area and see what they have experience with. If they have done specific kits with success, ask to talk with their customers and see the dyno results. Sometimes having an open mind and putting some faith in some skilled people will yeild great results. Do your homework and take your time. And plan to spend more than you think.

The turbo S/C debate is too emotional. Everyone thinks theirs is best because it's what they have.

pLaGuIeNtO 12-28-2007 02:43 AM

He is way too far from being the fastest thing in Mexico, maybe he has just raced against slow people, nothing personal MexGT

And like everybody else have said, is mainly about what you like and preffer, I´m running centrifugal and I really like my setup, but I also have two friends, one has a single Turbo and the other one a Kenne Bell and both say they wouldnt change their setups for anything else.

06Saleen3V 12-28-2007 02:50 AM

ORIGINAL: pLaGuIeNtO

He is way too far from being the fastest thing in Mexico, maybe he has just raced against slow people, nothing personal MexGT

And like everybody else have said, is mainly about what you like and preffer, I´m running centrifugal and I really like my setup, but I also have two friends, one has a single Turbo and the other one a Kenne Bell and both say they wouldnt change their setups for anything else.
Im sorry :(...maybe go out more and you can make more friends?

j/k :)

pLaGuIeNtO 12-28-2007 02:58 AM

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Im sorry :(...maybe go out more and you can make more friends?

j/k :)
People that I can call friends with FI S197 Mustangs yes, only two, I have more acquaintances with turbos, TS or centrifugal in their mustangs, but again, they are just acquaintances, most of my friends dont like to "waste" (that´s how they call it) money in their cars. ^^

Burnsy 12-28-2007 03:13 AM

I couldn't see myself putting anything but a twin-screw on my Mustang. Again, it is personal, but I associate turbos with ricers and centris, as confused turbos.

pLaGuIeNtO 12-28-2007 03:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

I couldn't see myself putting anything but a twin-screw on my Mustang. Again, it is personal, but I associate turbos with ricers and centris, as confused turbos.
I have seen guys making crazy numbers with Kenne Bells, but again as you said, it´s all personal decision at the end! ^^

Burnsy 12-28-2007 03:44 AM

I have seen guys making crazy numbers with Kenne Bells, but again as you said, it´s all personal decision at the end! ^^
I'm confused, a KB is a Twin-Screw... That is what I said I like?

MexGT 12-28-2007 09:38 AM

confused turbos ? lol

emperor .... wadman was just being sarcastic.:eek:

forensicsteve 12-28-2007 10:25 AM

I associate turbos with ricers
Wish I had a Saleen S7 turbo, or Porsche 911turbo, Lotus Esprit turbo, or even a turbo Bentley in my driveway. I'd even park the turbo Bugatti Veyron in my garage,even ifit must be the ultimatericer by your definition, with four turbos.

Dex 12-28-2007 12:19 PM

haha i agree with steve, AGAIN!

06Saleen3V 12-28-2007 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

I associate turbos with ricers
Wish I had a Saleen S7 turbo, or Porsche 911turbo, Lotus Esprit turbo, or even a turbo Bentley in my driveway. I'd even park the turbo Bugatti Veyron in my garage,even ifit must be the ultimatericer by your definition, with four turbos.
My father has the 911 turbo cab...I dont think his $180k caris considered rice...its also quite fast :D

wadman 12-28-2007 06:27 PM

Mex, I was being serious. You walked off and left most of the cars like the had their brakes on.