Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CORSA is here and installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:25 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Default CORSA is here and installed!!

Woohoo! I just installed my new Corsa axle-backs I got off ebay for $630!

They sound super sweet. They're a decent amount louder at idle than stock (more so for the first few minutes on a cold start) and WAY louder and meaner when getting on it. Also as you all know, NO DRONE when crusing. But get down on it and it roars quite nicely.

They're not as loud as my Bassani Race axle-backs but I think these Corsas still sound better and does not have the very bad drone the Race's had. IMO, the Bassanis sounded TOO deep where it wasn't natural sounding. The deepness seemed artificial and didn't give the true sound of the engine. But that's just me.

One thing that surprised me is that the Corsa mufflers are heavy. My Bassani's were rather light compared to stock (not as much as a LM or BT though), but these Corsas feel about the same weight. Maybe a little lighter but not much.

My only beef is I wish the muffler canister part was shiny like the tips instead of dull. But I can probably paint them or have them chromed later maybe.

The coolest thing is that they fit pretty much perfectly. I didn't have to loosen the clamps on the midpipe at all. I just stuck them up there, bolted down and both are aligned exactly the same and where they should be. The right one does stick out farther than the left by maybe 3 or 4 mm, but you can't tell unless you're right there looking down at them looking back and forth. My Bassanis did the same thing and to me, it looked like the part of the pipe you connect the mufflers up to over the axle is a little longer on the right side than left. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, even the stock mufflers stuck out about the same amount on the right side. But I don't care, it's not by much and when I get headers and a new mid-pipe, this will be all fixed up perfectly.

I can tell these are super high quality built. But for the price they better be!

I just did my test drive and all seems good. No rattling or anything, just sweet sound. In a few hours I'll crawl back under the car and check all the bolts again like Corsa instructed to do. I also need to get a torque wrench and make sure they're torqued to the amound Corsa says to use. I just did it as hard as I could for now.

I'll post a video (or maybe multiple ones) on YouTube soon. I did a test video and my camera did a really good job and capturing the sound. My video sounded almost exactly how they really do, except in real life, they're maybe 1.5x as loud give or take. Still a good quality recording though. I hope the conversion to flv that YouTube does doesn't screw over the sound quality too bad.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: CORSA is here and installed!!

congratulaions on the exhaust, we're all waiting for those vids. [sm=gears.gif]
Old 12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

And here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcRkGdrwIs

I had to retighten the right muffler where it connects to the over-axle pipe. It slid out just a little. I kind of thought it would do that since I had issues of it sliding out when putting it on. I'll have to keep an eye on it and I may just re-do that one this weekend.

I may make some more videos once I wash the car. As you can see in that video, it's quite dirty.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Kobie
2nd Gear Member

Long tube headers + High flow cats + Corsas = WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT THING?!?!?!?!?!?![sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Yeah man, I plan on getting LT headers. Not sure which mid-pipe to go for though. H or X with high flow cats. Maybe H since people say it sounds deeper.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Go Mac LT and Mac o/r Prochamber. Thats what I did.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

So what's the difference between the prochamber and the others? (I don't remember if the "official exhaust thread" talked about this, maybe I need to go read it again).

The only thing is that I'm worried about the o/r and emissions testing. I do like how the o/r stuff sounds though.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:39 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SirKnightTG

And here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcRkGdrwIs

I had to retighten the right muffler where it connects to the over-axle pipe. It slid out just a little. I kind of thought it would do that since I had issues of it sliding out when putting it on. I'll have to keep an eye on it and I may just re-do that one this weekend.

I may make some more videos once I wash the car. As you can see in that video, it's quite dirty.

yea same thing happened with my right side boomtube!!! it keeps sliding out and sliding to touch the bumper, its BEYOND aggravating.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:43 AM
catalac
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the corsa's I think you made a good call.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:08 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

yea same thing happened with my right side boomtube!!! it keeps sliding out and sliding to touch the bumper, its BEYOND aggravating.
Must be something to do with how Ford made the stock pipe. The right one is definately different than the left a little. Luckily though mine does not touch the bumper, it has a lot of room to move before it would. The weird thing is my Bassanis touched the bumper on the left side and melted it a little.

Quick Reply: CORSA is here and installed!!