Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Delete plates gas mileage?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Delete plates gas mileage?

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Fuel economy matters to a bunch of folks who DD their stangs. They like to get the best of both worlds, power and economy. Wouldn't matter to a money bags or some kid still living with his parents.
I still live with my parents and I am concerned about fuel economy. My Mustang is my DD.

Overall, I'm getting about the same mileage as I did when it was brand new. It wen't up a few MPG with I first got my intake and canned Diablosport tune. Then when I installed my delete plates, UDP, and Bamachips race tune; it went back down to 18-19city, and 25-27hwy.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:47 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Fuel economy matters to a bunch of folks who DD their stangs. They like to get the best of both worlds, power and economy. Wouldn't matter to a money bags or some kid still living with his parents.

I didn't mean any disrespect. Good for you for being conservative minded. I just meant that if a person was living on their own, the gas prices would have more of an impact.

I still live with my parents and I am concerned about fuel economy. My Mustang is my DD.

Overall, I'm getting about the same mileage as I did when it was brand new. It wen't up a few MPG with I first got my intake and canned Diablosport tune. Then when I installed my delete plates, UDP, and Bamachips race tune; it went back down to 18-19city, and 25-27hwy.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

My intake, tune, and off road pipe all helped gas mileage. CMDP's brought it down about 3mpg in town, but my communte is 30mph the entire way. On the highway without having to stop, even after the CMDP's, I saw 34MPH at 50mph. On my way to the track, no less. I was astounded. But as i said, it was a constant trip between 35 and 50mph with no stops. Average in town with intake, tune, cmdp's and off road pipe I get 19-20 in town and 27-35 hwy, depending on whether it's interstate or highway. I get my best gas mileage around 50-60.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SirKnightTG

ORIGINAL: 06FORDMUSTANGGT

Why would gas mileage matter?

Have you not been to a gas station in the past few years? What a dumb question, of course it matters! A lot of people, probably most, use their mustang to go to work, school, grocery store, etc and with current prices, yeah of course it matters. I drive mine every day to work and back and I depend on it to get me around without sucking my checking account dry from just gas. I want both, high performance and decent fuel economy. I get 22mpg and that's pretty good for this kind of thing I think.

Not everyone builds a pure race car out of their GT that's only for the strip.
Soif dropping about $500 or more in mods MAINLY for increased performance (which is why we all bought our $25,000-$30,000 or more Stangs; NOT for fuel economy) is ok, then so is whining about spending a few extra bucks for fuel (NOT that the OP is whining...)? Sorry. I keep getting my dander up when people worry about gas money and then drop hundreds or thousands on performance...
Old 01-10-2008, 12:38 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke

ORIGINAL: SirKnightTG

ORIGINAL: 06FORDMUSTANGGT

Why would gas mileage matter?

Have you not been to a gas station in the past few years? What a dumb question, of course it matters! A lot of people, probably most, use their mustang to go to work, school, grocery store, etc and with current prices, yeah of course it matters. I drive mine every day to work and back and I depend on it to get me around without sucking my checking account dry from just gas. I want both, high performance and decent fuel economy. I get 22mpg and that's pretty good for this kind of thing I think.

Not everyone builds a pure race car out of their GT that's only for the strip.
Soif dropping about $500 or more in mods MAINLY for increased performance (which is why we all bought our $25,000-$30,000 or more Stangs; NOT for fuel economy) is ok, then so is whining about spending a few extra bucks for fuel (NOT that the OP is whining...)? Sorry. I keep getting my dander up when people worry about gas money and then drop hundreds or thousands on performance...

Not me. I pinch pennys and ever mod I put on it (except the antenna and key chain) will save me bucks in the end. I have a $50 per mod item limit though.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:59 PM
stiggy
1st Gear Member

well seeing as they do nothing (+1 hp at best...) they will probably affect nothing either
Old 01-10-2008, 01:00 PM
stiggy
1st Gear Member

might as well add a tb spacer and ducting to your air intake while you're at it
Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stiggy

well seeing as they do nothing (+1 hp at best...) they will probably affect nothing either
They do add power, and they will affect fuel economy...
Old 01-10-2008, 01:41 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stiggy

Actually you and I are wrong. The 14" antenna is more aerodynamic than the big F150 stock antenna that came with it so I must be saving some fuel right there.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:47 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

The time to be concerned about milage is before you buy a car.

What mpg I get is irrelevant now. It is - what it is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Delete plates gas mileage?