Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablo vs. SCT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo vs. SCT?

The shop that's close to me does tuning with both.

And I'm thinking they are pretty good at tuning stuff since I've seen some of the stuff that comes out of their shop, and they are only like the Street RenegadeChamps
Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

See what the nearest tuner uses and then get that

I had to switch to SCT because thats what the tuner wants to use. He says its better and you can make smaller/better changes. Diablo was alot easier to figure outto use though IMO
Old 01-14-2008, 07:27 AM
reverendbiker

The Predator has one nasty little feature that is seldom mentioned but trips up many new owners. Let's say that you use the Predator to install your new performance tune. Then for some reason you want to restore the stock tune. The Predator will restore the stock tune with no problem, but in doing so it will erase any custom tunes stored in the tuner's memory. If you want to install one of them you'll hook up the Predator and discover only the Diablo "canned" tunes in residence. If you've been alerted and have stored a copy of the tunes on your PC you can re-load them, but it's a pain. I hated that feature and am now happily living with my SCT tuner and Brenspeed tunes.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:16 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

SCT and custom tunes from VMP. I like that he has so much dyno experience and we can benefit from it.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: reverendbiker

The Predator has one nasty little feature that is seldom mentioned but trips up many new owners. Let's say that you use the Predator to install your new performance tune. Then for some reason you want to restore the stock tune. The Predator will restore the stock tune with no problem, but in doing so it will erase any custom tunes stored in the tuner's memory. If you want to install one of them you'll hook up the Predator and discover only the Diablo "canned" tunes in residence. If you've been alerted and have stored a copy of the tunes on your PC you can re-load them, but it's a pain. I hated that feature and am now happily living with my SCT tuner and Brenspeed tunes.
Well, that's messed up! Oh well, after talking some more, they think the Diablo is more user friendly, and easier to go through. So that will probably be what I get. Looks like I will be making back-ups of all the tunes though. [&o]
Old 01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It takes 2 minutes to reload all the tunes, and you can reinstall the stock tune without going back to stock actually
Old 01-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

^^ from a computer backup, or if you lose the tunes by going back to stock?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:55 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I i choose"go back to stock" and have to reload my custom tunes it takes about 2 minutes....and yes you can put the stock tune in as it was or modified slightly if you want without having to choose the "return to stock" The tuner is still "mated" with your car per say so cannot use it on another at this point, but this allows you to return the car with factory airbox and such and not have to reload all of your tunes on the tuner....it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish..
Old 01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

All the tuners i know in so cal use diablo
Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

+1 for the diablo. I have it with a bamachips 93 race tune and i love it. Itsso simple and easy to use!

Quick Reply: Diablo vs. SCT?