Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Centri vs Twin-Screw Dyno chart.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Centri vs Twin-Screw Dyno chart.

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Will this help you decide! Link is on dyno! As you can see the Torque is best between 2000-4500 RPMs on this run!

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=MOV01620.flv

Numbers are better now and was running a little rich! Here was my first dyno as I do not have my other one uploaded to my computer! Reflecting new higher numbers!

Mygt500 once Iinstall my whipple I decided Iwilluse Lidio for a dyno tune(meth setup)andhave a few questions for you since youuse him.

Is the dynoabove I take it with the stock Whipple tune in 93 degree weather?
Could post your dyno tune sheet from Lidio I would be interested in looking at it?
Whattrans do you have a manaul or auto?
Do you have his meth injection kit andis that dyno abovewith meth?
Do you remember if Lidio mention on the dyno tune how much timing he added/total timing?

Sorry for all the questions & to the OP.

TIA

@Explict
Remember with a TS when ever you hammer the throttle you will have around an instant 8lbs of boost/ (400 ft lbs TQ@2600rpm)&makes for fun on the street.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:03 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

I thought it said 43.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:38 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

On my run with 30 degrees cooler I made 465 RWHP so 10 RWHP more for 30 degrees cooler. True about the air while moving on the road as opposed to the heat created when not moving on the dyno. I had 15 min between runs on the dyno as well.
ORIGINAL: moosestang

That's interesting. I see our air/fuel was very similar. I of course didn't make as much hp, but where I was making it is very similar to yours. I wonder if the 33 degrees difference could be worth 40hp? When I was watching the dyno run, I kept thinking this isn't even close to real world conditions. The things suck in much cooler air when doing 70mph.

Will this help you decide! Link is on dyno! As you can see the Torque is best between 2000-4500 RPMs on this run!

Numbers are better now and was running a little rich! Here was my first dyno as I do not have my other one uploaded to my computer! Reflecting new higher numbers!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:47 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1. The car is with his tune on the 3rd pull of the dyno that day it was 93 degrees outside!
2. I dont have a dyno tune sheet just the final run from that day that you see below.
3. I have a manual trans
4. No meth yet but when I go forged and up the boost I want meth!
5. Good one I cannot remember but give him a call and he can give you on avg how much he adj timing. I know it was not very much and he said if I wanted to go more aggressive with the tune at a later date he could adj the timing for max HP as I had room for improvement but not worth it unless you are forged IMHO... better safe than sorry and I feel I am running the limit until internals are done J

Mygt500 once Iinstall my whipple I decided Iwilluse Lidio for a dyno tune(meth setup)andhave a few questions for you since youuse him.

Could post your dyno tune sheet from Lidio I would be interested in looking at it?
Whattrans do you have a manaul or auto?
Do you have his meth injection kit andis that dyno abovewith meth?
Do you remember if Lidio mention on the dyno tune how much timing he added/total timing?

Sorry for all the questions & to the OP.

TIA

@Explict
Remember with a TS when ever you hammer the throttle you will have around an instant 8lbs of boost/ (400 ft lbs TQ@2600rpm)&makes for fun on the street.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

heres mine..saleen with 8 psi pulley

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/726D24C079BF4021AEF20EE343C54C68.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

J, we can talk about this if you like. I dont see the correlation of using drugs when upping the boost...haha
Old 01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

1. The car is with his tune on the 3rd pull of the dyno that day it was 93 degrees outside!
2. I dont have a dyno tune sheet just the final run from that day that you see below.
3. I have a manual trans
5. Good one I cannot remember but give him a call and he can give you on avg how much he adj timing. I know it was not very much and he said if I wanted to go more aggressive with the tune at a later date he could adj the timing for max HP as I had room for improvement but not worth it unless you are forged IMHO... better safe than sorry and I feel I am running the limit until internals are done

Few thoughts & benefits imo for me wanting to go meth with the stock motor would be it will help insure further against detonation occurring. I also worry about getting bad gas which I know some motors have and will blow from that so the meth helps in that area as it raises/enhances the octane level of pump gas.

One thing I always adhere to when running FI is I will only use 93 BP or Shell fuel only and only go to stations in my area that are very busy/sell a lot of gas.

One other benefit along with cooling and timing is when running meth ona stock block you can run/tune more power under the curve (which is safe) but tune down the peak numbers per stock block to 455-465rwhpup topto keep it safe. That why imo opinion peak rwhp & rwtq per dyno sheet does not always tell the whole story. So you can power up under the curve but tune down and keep the peak numbers to 455-465rwhp or under if one wanted. I agree 465rwhp mark per stock motorI am thinking 450-455rwhp for the street but could also see a running a race tune for track onlyfor around485rwhp running the meth.

Now of course when and if I go forged (15-18psi) then I could ramp up the timing benefit even more and take even more advantage of the cooling meth gives.

One last question mygt500 what were you dyno numbers when running the stock Whipple tune and was that on Lidio dyno?

Thanks for all the info very helpful and BTW nice car/ setup you have there!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

440rwhp/415rwtq with the ford racing tune on a dynojet.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:57 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I love the 2 big benefits you get with meth and the ability to be more agressive with a tune. I had on my first pull with the stock whipple tune was (if I remember correctly- 410-420 RWHP and 408 RWTQ.). By third pull (15 min cool downs in between each pull) I pulled with the adj tune by Lidio on this dyno in his new shop -454 RWHP and 440 RWTQ. Hope it helps and whats on your mind? Seem to be thinking about something and wondering what it is now? Thanks for the compliment Later J

3. I have a manual trans
5. Good one I cannot remember but give him a call and he can give you on avg how much he adj timing. I know it was not very much and he said if I wanted to go more aggressive with the tune at a later date he could adj the timing for max HP as I had room for improvement but not worth it unless you are forged IMHO... better safe than sorry and I feel I am running the limit until internals are done

Few thoughts & benefits imo for me wanting to go meth with the stock motor would be it will help insure further against detonation occurring. I also worry about getting bad gas which I know some motors have and will blow from that so the meth helps in that area as it raises/enhances the octane level of pump gas.

One thing I always adhere to when running FI is I will only use 93 BP or Shell fuel only and only go to stations in my area that are very busy/sell a lot of gas.

One other benefit along with cooling and timing is when running meth ona stock block you can run/tune more power under the curve (which is safe) but tune down the peak numbers per stock block to 455-465rwhpup topto keep it safe. That why imo opinion peak rwhp & rwtq per dyno sheet does not always tell the whole story. So you can power up under the curve but tune down and keep the peak numbers to 455-465rwhp or under if one wanted. I agree 465rwhp mark per stock motorI am thinking 450-455rwhp for the street but could also see a running a race tune for track onlyfor around485rwhp running the meth.

Now of course when and if I go forged (15-18psi) then I could ramp up the timing benefit even more and take even more advantage of the cooling meth gives.

One last question mygt500 what were you dyno numbers when running the stock Whipple tune and was that on Lidio dyno?

Thanks for all the info very helpful and BTW nice car/ setup you have there!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Once boosted you will understand!...LOL J
ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

J, we can talk about this if you like. I dont see the correlation of using drugs when upping the boost...haha

Quick Reply: Centri vs Twin-Screw Dyno chart.