Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple pulley hitting hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple pulley hitting hood

ORIGINAL: Bulitt

Moose I do bodywork for a living most places will try andrepair it and try to slip it by you but it never looks right so it sounds like your at a good shop.Aluminum is next to impossible to straighten, the dent just keeps walking.As for hoods cervinis is good very little prep stay away from the fiberglass saleen hoods I have been told by friends that work in ford bodyshops they are trash however they do make a aluminum hood also which from what I have been told is great but cost 1,600.00 I went with the steeda race hood zero prep besides what you would do with a OEM hood and the fit was great.
I've read nothing but good things about the cervinis stuff. Auto crafters seems like a good company, nice people. I didn't even mention the hood, but the guy took one look at the dent and then asked if it was aluminum. Then he said they'd have to replace it for sure.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:15 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bulitt
Its all good I dont what to upset anyone either and I agree I would not want to hear someone bash my 6 grand purchase either. I gave my opinion to another member on a different thread but my intent was more of dealing with brenspeed rather thanbashing whipples but it went a little to far so I saywe should all be happy to have FI and keep the forums for fun and getting help when needed [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Feel the same way. It took me saving for 3 years off and on and selling my motorcycle to buy the blower (and pay bills ). I spent a long time researching and think I would have been just as happy with a Saleen. If Brenspeed was closer it would have been a no brainer. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]Thanks for the beer

blackS197 -

Whipple states that their tune is good for between 8-12 psi. And Moose has been running an 8psi pulley off and on for a while with no ill effects. I think I will put on the 8psi pulley to start. My installer is going to run it on the dyno with A/F gauges and take it out on the street for some datalogging after the install. If it looks pig rich I will install the 10psi pulley untill I get a dyno tune.

I really want the 8psi pulley for the added safety margin of the motor and I have a stock clutch and perilli tires right now so I wont hook up ever anyway. Eventually when I get the clutch and tires I plan on running the 10 psi pulley.

When I make it over to VMP I am going to get a 8psi street tune, 10 psi street tune, and 10 psi race tune for the track. Just have to same up some cash.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

Whipple states that their tune is good for between 8-12 psi. And Moose has been running an 8psi pulley off and on for a while with no ill effects. I think I will put on the 8psi pulley to start. My installer is going to run it on the dyno with A/F gauges and take it out on the street for some datalogging after the install. If it looks pig rich I will install the 10psi pulley untill I get a dyno tune.

I really want the 8psi pulley for the added safety margin of the motor and I have a stock clutch and perilli tires right now so I wont hook up ever anyway. Eventually when I get the clutch and tires I plan on running the 10 psi pulley.

When I make it over to VMP I am going to get a 8psi street tune, 10 psi street tune, and 10 psi race tune for the track. Just have to same up some cash.
Pig rich at 8psi or pig rich at 10psi is still pig rich. The only difference is you aren't pushing the motor as hard.

Anyway I look forward to see the air/fuel and hp #'s you get with the 8psi pulley.