Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How long to get Whipple Tuner?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default How long to get Whipple Tuner?

Sorry Guys I know I read this before but I searched and couldnt find it.

So basically my whipple is in this week, I am going to try and set up delivery for Wed.

So how long after I order the tuner till it shows up at my door? I need to schedule my install and want to make sure I have everything together before I drop it off.

Thanks,
Old 01-15-2008, 01:08 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How long to get Whipple Tuner?

Come on guys someone knows.

Thanks,
Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

There are 2 options. You can send it to Ford Racing andget thecalibration which takes up to 2 weeks or you can send it straight to whipple overnight(i did) and they tune it and send it back overnight.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:45 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

cant you use the tuner you have now? i know VMP makes tunes for whipple, and probly others too, i notice you got bama tune, maybe they can e-mail you a tune. but i'm interested too, hoping on ordering whipple HO very soon.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

boost guru, here is how it worked in
my case:

received whipple kit. inside were instructions
on how to register the kit with FRPP and also
to request the PCM flash tool.

i logged on to FRPP and completed the questionaire that
evening.

2-3 business days later, i received the flash tool.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

2 days. I think I filled out the online form on Friday and it came either Monday or Tuesday, think it was Monday though.

Next time just pm me, i know all.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

2 days. I think I filled out the online form on Friday and it came either Monday or Tuesday, think it was Monday though.

Next time just pm me, i know all.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:19 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I was figuring you guys would come to my rescue. That is what I wanted to hear . I need to set up my install so I wanted to make sure I had everything before setting up the time.

I decided to let Jay at Real Street Performance in Orlando do it. He is an ex Drag Racer and I read about him because he did an install for 5.0 Mustangs and they talked highly of him. Plus he had the best install price in town so it was win win.

Now I am just going to wait for tonight to make sure nothing is damaged and then I will call up and set up my appointment and order my tuner.

blackS197

Can you clarify what you had stated? They sent you a blank tuner and you had to mail it. It sounds like other just ordered it online and it shows up later.
onederful100

Yeah I have an X-Cal 2 but I want to run the whipple tune for a while. For one I think it is the safest possible tune you can get which I like, and I ran out of paly $$$. So I have to replenish the funds and then I will hit up VMP. Luckily VMP is in Orlando so I will get it dyno tuned.

I think I might wait until moose is ready to go and head over there with him. Maybe we can get a discount.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:03 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Actually i am not too clear either. Adam at ST did everything for me. He told me he sent it in overnight (im thinking the ecu) then got it back from Whipple already tuned the next day. The flyer with my instruction said it would take 7 to 14 days if I waited for the tune so he said sending it in would be the fastest option. I guess everyone got their tune much faster then 7 days.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Interesting, did you get an early kit? Just curious because I know Saleen asks you to send your PCM in for tuning but I always thought ford just sent you a tuner. Kind of like an X-cal but it only has one tune on it ans supposedly takes like 20 mins to load.

One more question, once you use that tuner can I load it repeatedly.I.E. if I got a dyno tune in my X-Cal and wanted to reinstall the whipple tune could I do that?

Thanks,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long to get Whipple Tuner?