Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Conclusion: I need traction!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 06:32 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Conclusion: I need traction!

I plan on getting the goodyear eagle f1 all seasons. Tried them out recently and they felt like a huge improvement over stock rubber. Outstanding wet traction also, no hydroplaningfrom dry to wet surfaces and they are supposedly more than adequate in snow.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

I wish that was my wife to be. Please don't tell her i said that, I will never be able to buy car parts again. I found this pic in my computer, I don't know where I got it from, but I am stund ever time I see it. My fiancée has nice ***** and it like *****/car. she tells me to get on the computer so I leave her alone. I may move down to texas in a few years, my fiancée really like it down there.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poohflingr

I plan on getting the goodyear eagle f1 all seasons. Tried them out recently and they felt like a huge improvement over stock rubber. Outstanding wet traction also, no hydroplaningfrom dry to wet surfaces and they are supposedly more than adequate in snow.
I just looked at tirerack, they look like good tires but they only come in 235/55r17 size that will fit my car. I wanted some wider.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Drag Summer Winter

New Summer tires, old ones worn as you can see, and I got new wheels.

All Goodyears by the way
Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Well my plan has always been to keep my stang as stock as possible. I wont go FI or anything, just bolt ons. I noticed after the cai/tune I could not maintain traction. I would leave from a light and get a little sideways if you know what I mean. The stock rubber is great for non-modded stangs though.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:38 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RED121572

+1, but there's only one problem: mine is an auto!!
[/quote]

How do you like those 4.10's? Do you think that your over revving at highway speeds? To make a long story short, I currently have 3.73's and because of a shetty install, I think they could be ruined. If thats the case, I was considering stepping up to 4.10's.
I love em! it now turns 2500rpms at 70 which is fine by me, get the 4.10s you won't regret it! gotta make sure you have enough traction first.

btw I sometime use 2nd gear in heavy stop-go traffic to makefor asmoother take off.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blue 05 Mustang

ORIGINAL: baha

what about just getting better tires? 255 tires will fit on our stock rims
Well if I'm gonna change tires it is DRs or not IMO. btw I'm getting a set of BFGoodrich 245/40s
Which BFGoodrich's are you going to be getting? I am still searching for my perfect tire that is good for racing and okay in the snow.

Note: Good = lot better then stock
Okay = little bit better then stock
Drag Radials ofcourse!! lucky me it doesn't snow where I live
Old 01-17-2008, 01:51 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phatphil

If you have 18's, and aren't going F/I in the future I'd get the 255/40's in either the BFG's or the Nitto's or do a staggered set-up with 255/40's in the front and 285/40's in the rear with the same above mentioned tires. The Nitto's are cheaper if you just get the 555's not the D/R. You definetly need lca's and brackets, those will really help with traction. With the mods you have and are going to get you should be in the 12's
I'm looking to get these parts:

1) LCAs + brackets
2) Adjust. UCA
3) Adjust. Panhard Bar + support
4) Front swaybar delete
5) Subframe connectors
Old 01-17-2008, 02:03 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Evil 5tang

Blue I hope that is not your wife in your pic? cuz if she was mine I dont think my hands would ever touch a computer.. it would be strictly like ***** and car.. lol... And yeah texas is good like that.. Its only snowed 1 time since I was old enough to drive and that was for one night.. And i think its snowed twice in the past 15 years where I live lol..
lol, Well my wife is 5 foot 9" with D size ***** and sometimes when I sit on my laptop then she walks into the room with that tight shirt on.......
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poohflingr

I just looked at tirerack, they look like good tires but they only come in 235/55r17 size that will fit my car. I wanted some wider.
Try www.lethalperformance.com it's where I'll be getting mine from

Quick Reply: Conclusion: I need traction!