I wish I bought a manny - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I wish I bought a manny

Old 01-17-2008, 12:23 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I wish I bought a manny

ORIGINAL: 7STANG

How about a 125 shot of nitrous. You should run pretty well against him with that for well under a $1000.[8D]

That's what I did. My neighbor has a new 6.0L GTO and I handed his *** to him with the mods in my sig. It cost a little over $1500 but with just the nitrous kit you will probably win.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SirKnightTG

I've said it once and I'll say it again, there is NOTHING wrong with the K&N FFS![:@] The K&N does not require a tune and the ones that do give you like 1 or 2 HP more, not a big deal. Getting the K&N will save you a lot of money b/c you don't have to then buy a tuner and tunes (which is expensive). Also running a tune will void your warranty, so keep that in mind. The only time I'd have a tune is either 1) my car goes out of warranty or 2) I get a saleen s/c installed by an authorized dealer where in that case saleen backs up my warranty.

BTW, if you're wishing you have the manual now, that desire is only going to grow. It has been for me. At first I wanted the auto, then after a few months I changed my mind. Now as time goes on, I want the manual more and more. I'm going to look into a trade in once the 08 models have good deals running when the 09s come out later this year. I know I'm going to take a hit, but I still don't want the auto anymore. I don't drag race and I find myself manually shifting my auto a lot anyway. I love my car but I don't like autos.
Actually Sirknight, the tune does not void your warranty. It only does if they can prove it caused the problem....same can be said for the CAI. Fact is, the tune adds more than 1-2hp more....that is rediculous to say that the tune only adds that much. More of the power from the CAI/tune combo comes from the tune.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:46 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: SirKnightTG

I've said it once and I'll say it again, there is NOTHING wrong with the K&N FFS![:@] The K&N does not require a tune and the ones that do give you like 1 or 2 HP more, not a big deal. Getting the K&N will save you a lot of money b/c you don't have to then buy a tuner and tunes (which is expensive). Also running a tune will void your warranty, so keep that in mind. The only time I'd have a tune is either 1) my car goes out of warranty or 2) I get a saleen s/c installed by an authorized dealer where in that case saleen backs up my warranty.

BTW, if you're wishing you have the manual now, that desire is only going to grow. It has been for me. At first I wanted the auto, then after a few months I changed my mind. Now as time goes on, I want the manual more and more. I'm going to look into a trade in once the 08 models have good deals running when the 09s come out later this year. I know I'm going to take a hit, but I still don't want the auto anymore. I don't drag race and I find myself manually shifting my auto a lot anyway. I love my car but I don't like autos.
Actually Sirknight, the tune does not void your warranty. It only does if they can prove it caused the problem....same can be said for the CAI. Fact is, the tune adds more than 1-2hp more....that is rediculous to say that the tune only adds that much. More of the power from the CAI/tune combo comes from the tune.

The problem lies that the tune being a more aggresive approach to timing and other things, they probably CAN prove that it causes internal damage if you have damage. Ford has more money for lawyers than we do. I think he was talking about the CAI alone adding 1-2 HP.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

ORIGINAL: DROCKOFTX

ORIGINAL: 7STANG

How about a 125 shot of nitrous. You should run pretty well against him with that for well under a $1000.[8D]

That's what I did. My neighbor has a new 6.0L GTO and I handed his *** to him with the mods in my sig. It cost a little over $1500 but with just the nitrous kit you will probably win.
I know what you are talking about - I ran DownriverT(05 GT)on a little high end run on the e-way and he pulled car lengths on me like a muthter f'er and at the time he was only running a 75 shot! I definately need the silly gas. Nice sig by the way - have you been to the track yet?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
slice66

warranty-shmorranty, I think even if you dont do any mods they will still try to fiind some bs reason not to cover it like "excessive wear and tear" or some thinglame like that, thats why Im gonna ciatune , change exhust , and what ever else I can afford- who wants to drive a stock GT. I say turn it in to the machine it was made to be.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

slap a intake and tune and a little noz, and have a blast.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

hey OP,why did you get the auto in the first place?? I did some reading and they can make
as much power as the 5 speeds especially with supercharger kits..

I am getting an auto as well.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I originally set out for a 5sp and found the exact car I wanted with exception of the 5sp. It was a vert, Tungsten, loaded, GT an everything but the 5sp. I live outside DC and Baltimore so traffic can be a real pain so I test drove an auto and really liked it. I don't regret it at all as with CAI/Tunes and superchargers the auto can be blast to drive. Chirping 1-2 and 2-3 shift in an auto is pretty awesome and if you do hit the tracks it is very consistent.

Thief_of_Hearts - when is the new GT coming?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 PM
slice66

I got the auto because I thought it had the same HP as the manual and at the time I felt like shifting would get old. Ive got a 5 sp truck and Ive had manual this and manualthat, now I realizea mustang never gets old to shift itonly gets more fun.Im gonna keep her(my auto)had it since 50 miles 2500 now so let the mods begin-blower for sure on down the road.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Only if the dealership has an auditor there or an ******* for a shop manager. My buddy had his terminator's IRS replaced with a GT's rear end under warranty. Relationships in life are determined by your attitude and how you approach/respond to situations. BTW his p/p eaton, DR'sand full bolt on's cause his IRS to snap at a local track

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

The problem lies that the tune being a more aggresive approach to timing and other things, they probably CAN prove that it causes internal damage if you have damage. Ford has more money for lawyers than we do. I think he was talking about the CAI alone adding 1-2 HP.
[/quote]