Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I wish I bought a manny

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I wish I bought a manny

ORIGINAL: SirKnightTG

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo
The problem lies that the tune being a more aggresive approach to timing and other things, they probably CAN prove that it causes internal damage if you have damage. Ford has more money for lawyers than we do. I think he was talking about the CAI alone adding 1-2 HP.

Yes, that's correct. I was talking about the CAI alone. I should have been more clear.

Your other point is correct too, they will come up with "proof" even if it's crap.

It may come down to your relationship with the dealership. Did you buy the car there, are you pleasant when you are there even though they are ******? I take my tech KFC everytime I have something done. If the stealership has been flagged by Ford as having too many warranty related items, they may be under the microscope and really are forced to look things over and "find" loopholes for Ford.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
FloridaGT/CS

300 whp from an auto is certainly possible, just remember you start with about 20 whp less than a manual transmission (about 5.9% avg additional loss as I recall)... and every dyno will give slightly different results. If you go SC the difference will still only be about 25 whp. If you just want more "fun/kick" from your auto, just add a torque converter.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

ive probably spent about 3k to 4k and im betting a lot to say that my car has a little over 300 to the wheels... a full exhaust, intake, and a good tune would get you close.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo
It may come down to your relationship with the dealership. Did you buy the car there, are you pleasant when you are there even though they are ******?
Yes and yes.

It may have been just the service guy I delt with. He was REALLY weird. There's something mentally wrong going on with that guy I swear. The other service guys I've delt with there have been real good and my problem was taken care of. I really liked the last service guy I delt with when I got my oil change last. He was real nice and even came inside the waiting room letting me know they were done. No one else have ever done that.

Also I took it in probably a year ago for some noise I was hearing, turns out something was bad in my rear end and they had to rebuild it. The warranty actually WORKED that time and I didn't have to pay anything.

Ever since my bad experience with that one service dude there, I always avoid him when I go to my dealer and go up to someone else. It's been working pretty well so far.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
slice66

Fla/GT can you tell me more about the cam / heads set up your going to do? I def. want to get a cam myself .
Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: tonkpils555666sas

ive probably spent about 3k to 4k and im betting a lot to say that my car has a little over 300 to the wheels... a full exhaust, intake, and a good tune would get you close.

damn,all that and you have only have 300 hp?? what a jip lol...
Old 01-18-2008, 07:22 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thief_of_Hearts

let's not forget bent shift forks,blown sycnros and busted shift selectors[:'(][:'(][:'(]!
sure it's still cheaper then to replace then an entire gear or tranny but they sure are a pain in the butt to have fixed...
I have never heard of ANYONE bending or breaking a shift fork with our cars...or shift selectors...I havent heard of anyone blowing the syncros on our cars, but that is more believable...fact is, stuff in our trannies dont break very easily unless your pushing big numbers on the stock clutch...
Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Thief_of_Hearts
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

let's not forget bent shift forks,blown sycnros and busted shift selectors[:'(][:'(][:'(]!
sure it's still cheaper then to replace then an entire gear or tranny but they sure are a pain in the butt to have fixed...
I have never heard of ANYONE bending or breaking a shift fork with our cars...or shift selectors...I havent heard of anyone blowing the syncros on our cars, but that is more believable...fact is, stuff in our trannies dont break very easily unless your pushing big numbers on the stock clutch...
lol well coming from the srt-4 world..it sure is a common occurance,one of the main reasons why I am getting rid of my car as well getting an auto in the future with the GT.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:46 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

lol well coming from the srt-4 world..it sure is a common occurance,one of the main reasons why I am getting rid of my car as well getting an auto in the future with the GT.
Haha I hear ya on that one...just remember, we have twice the cylinders and typically arent running 15-20+ lbs of boost lol
Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slice66

[:@]Anyone got an auto GT with 300+ rwhp? how did you do it and how much did you spend?-thanks
My car is running at 285rwhp on the rollers and does 13.5sec in the 1/4mile just the way it sits. Its a blast to drive it to work everyday. Got 36000 miles on her so far.

I have been concentrating on weight reduction and suspensionand getting the 285rwhp to the ground.

Here is what you will need to get to 300rwhp.

A good CAI and a great 93 octane race and automatic transmission tune (its all in the tune)
A good set of long tube headers
CM Delete plates
Underdrive pulleys
And a cool day for the pull.

Getting the power to the ground will cost a lot of money.......way more than $1500.

My next purchase will be the BMR Tubular K-member and "A" Arms - $850 + install $300. See sig for existing mods.

Good luck man. If you buy an S/C or a Turbo your still going to have to spend a ton of money getting the power to the ground.

Its a desease I tell ya.

Quick Reply: I wish I bought a manny