ordering a hood, freight collect? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ordering a hood, freight collect?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:34 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ordering a hood, freight collect?

ORIGINAL: exx1976

Yes, Cervini's is a ROYAL pain in the ***, and I agree, they seem to have a distaste for money..

In order to get my chin spoiler shipped, I actually had to call my bank and change the billing address, then call Cervinis, then call my bank and change it back..

But, if your bodyshop is getting the whole insurance check, they won't order the hood for you??
They might, they didn't want to initially because I don't think they knew I wanted a certain hood. I gave them the part number/description and manufacturer and they are supposed to call me back. I'll just tell them if they can't order it then forget it, no big deal. I'm not going to mail cervinis a check, then wait for that to clear, then they ship the hood. I don't have that kinda time.

I know they are just trying to protect themselves from credit card fraud, but it just cost the 500 bones.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:48 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

That stinks but is good to know for the future. Luckily I have no money for visual mods, Although someday i would love to do the whole C series kit to my car.

Good luck.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

A little food for thought.

this is not a "Cervinis" thing but rather a customer service thing that helps protect YOU and ME from credit card fraud as well as the company. Most if not all credit card fraud (web) stems from orders being placed and than shipped to addresses other than the address on file at the bank. This is standard practise with most companies these days to only ship to an address on file as it is with all of my companies. Even though there are "some" that will sell you something and ship it another place that is no longer the norm and I would dare say that it is only a matter of time before the few that do it with join the rest and stop.

This is no big deal at all and should be looked at as way to go Cervinis for helping to protect me rather than " Cervini's is a pain"
Options could have been the following.

Option 1 rent a $20 pickup from you haul and deliver it there. Yes the pickup is 19.95 plus tax and mileage. How far can the shop be? the hood is very easy to handle as I have moved and shipped many and it is a one man job.
Option 2 Just take the $110 to the body shop and tell them to pay the charge when they arrive. Be sure to have them open the box and inspect before excepting the hood as Cervinis OR the Friegt company will not be liable if it is not recorded at the time of delivery.

Option 3 Don't order the hood from them and hunt for a place that will ship anyplace

Option 4 Have the bodyshop call in and order the hood directly to the shop. Surely the company credit card will match the shop address. just give the shop the cash.

Option 5 Change the address at your bank. this takes 5 minutes.

This is just a few choices right off the top.

We all get excited when we order new parts and want them yesterday but at times we ALL should step back and say " Hey, you know what, is what I am complaining about that big a deal or am I making this into something bigger than it ahould be because I am excited about a new part"

Best wishes no matter the outcome.

Yes, Cervini's is a ROYAL pain in the ***, and I agree, they seem to have a distaste for money..

In order to get my chin spoiler shipped, I actually had to call my bank and change the billing address, then call Cervinis, then call my bank and change it back..
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Can you get it from fasttoys and not have to pay the the frieght charge like that?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:15 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

Option 2 Just take the $110 to the body shop and tell them to pay the charge when they arrive. Be sure to have them open the box and inspect before excepting the hood as Cervinis OR the Friegt company will not be liable if it is not recorded at the time of delivery.

You're missing the point. It's not the $110, that's only the freight collect charge. It's paying for the ACTUAL HOOD that is the problem.

And yes, it IS a pain in the ***. There are plenty of other ways for companies to protect themselves and their customers from CC fraud than these ridiculous measures. ESPECIALLY for a company like Cervinis. I mean come on now, it's not like they are shipping books or CDs or tuners or something else that could fit in a normal person's car. They are shipping BIG stuff, like side exit exhausts, hoods, entire body kits. And yes, while this MIGHT be ok for some, like 99.9% of the time it MUST be transported elsewhere, because I don't know too many people that have the tools to paint and install body panels at their houses (where their credit card statement goes). How do you propse to get it to the shop? Oh yeah, I'm gonna pay $110 for freight, and then *I'M* gonna go and RENT a pickup truck for MORE money just to get the damn part where it actually needs to go? What kind of bull**** is that? Just deliver it to the damn body shop and call it a day.

Cervinis is even so retarded about it that you can't call your CC company and add an authorized shipping address to your account. They will ONLY ship to the billing address of the card, no questions.

DUMB.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
MustanggnatsuM

Flewbyu

this is not a "Cervinis" thing but rather a customer service thing that helps protect YOU and ME from credit card fraud as well as the company. Most if not all credit card fraud (web) stems from orders being placed and than shipped to addresses other than the address on file at the bank. This is standard practise with most companies these days to only ship to an address on file as it is with all of my companies. Even though there are "some" that will sell you something and ship it another place that is no longer the norm and I would dare say that it is only a matter of time before the few that do it with join the rest and stop.

This is no big deal at all and should be looked at as way to go Cervinis for helping to protect me rather than " Cervini's is a pain"
Options could have been the following.

Option 1 rent a $20 pickup from you haul and deliver it there. Yes the pickup is 19.95 plus tax and mileage. How far can the shop be? the hood is very easy to handle as I have moved and shipped many and it is a one man job.

Option 3 Don't order the hood from them and hunt for a place that will ship anyplace

Option 4 Have the bodyshop call in and order the hood directly to the shop. Surely the company credit card will match the shop address. just give the shop the cash.

Option 5 Change the address at your bank. this takes 5 minutes.

This is just a few choices right off the top.

We all get excited when we order new parts and want them yesterday but at times we ALL should step back and say " Hey, you know what, is what I am complaining about that big a deal or am I making this into something bigger than it ahould be because I am excited about a new part"

Very well put. +1
Old 01-17-2008, 01:49 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

this is not a "Cervinis" thing but rather a customer service thing that helps protect YOU and ME from credit card fraud as well as the company.
I'm allready protected by mastercard. At any rate the body shop found a used hood for $360 so cervinis just lost a $500 sale. Anyway you look at it cervinis is out $500.

By the way i don't have rental insurance so I don't have time for all those options. I could have borrowed a truck, but again, that's a hassle.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I'm allready protected by mastercard. Anyway you look at it cervinis is out $500.

Exactly. Their loss (although the hood would've looked sweet).
Old 01-17-2008, 01:55 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

When I ordered my cervini hood - they told me up front exactly what the freight charges were and what company. I wrote a check out and left it with the body shop. They handed the check to the driver when the hood was delivered - easy peasy moose.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:58 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

exx--
You're missing the point. It's not the $110, that's only the freight collect charge. It's paying for the ACTUAL HOOD that is the problem.

And yes, it IS a pain in the ***. There are plenty of other ways for companies to protect themselves and their customers from CC fraud than these ridiculous measures. ESPECIALLY for a company like Cervinis. I mean come on now, it's not like they are shipping books or CDs or tuners or something else that could fit in a normal person's car. They are shipping BIG stuff, like side exit exhausts, hoods, entire body kits. And yes, while this MIGHT be ok for some, like 99.9% of the time it MUST be transported elsewhere, because I don't know too many people that have the tools to paint and install body panels at their houses (where their credit card statement goes). How do you propse to get it to the shop? Oh yeah, I'm gonna pay $110 for freight, and then *I'M* gonna go and RENT a pickup truck for MORE money just to get the damn part where it actually needs to go? What kind of **** is that? Just deliver it to the damn body shop and call it a day.

Cervinis is even so retarded about it that you can't call your CC company and add an authorized shipping address to your account. They will ONLY ship to the billing address of the card, no questions.

DUMB.
I understand the point fully. if it's $110 for freight or $1,010 It does not change my statement.
There are plenty of other ways for companies to protect themselves
We as a consumer can't tell a company which ways to protect themselves. Surely you understand that. These methods come from research compiling facts of indicators that "may" lead to fraud. It is not perfect by any means and in your opinion may not be right however it is what they have chosen. It is mearly a tool, one of many out there to help further protect all of us.

As for renting a truck you would not want to waist $20 plus dollars on a rental pickup because $20 plus is a big deal but you would rather Cervinis or the likes to waiste $500 on a possible fraud?? $20 is big but $500 is not?? You get the hood to the shop the way the 1,000 other Mustangs before you and the next will. You take it there. I find it hard to believe that you, he or anyone who made a hood purchase does not no one person with a pick up truck that could help them out for an hour? Hard to belive.

Lastly the point I was tryig to get accross prior and I am still making is; some things are not as big as they are made out to be. Most of us old men have come to relaize this in our old age ha ha. You seem just a little hostal in your post
What kind of **** is that? Just deliver it to the damn body shop and call it a day.
You can pick up much about a persons attitude in life, way of thinking and overall dispostion by listening to the way they comnucate with others.

Take a breath, think it through and then relaize that really it's not a big deal. Or is it? If it really is that big a deal than lets hope when something really big hits home you are able to desl with it.

I wish you well.

moosestang
I'm allready protected by mastercard. At any rate the body shop found a used hood for $360 so cervinis just lost a $500 sale. Anyway you look at it cervinis is out $500
Glad it all worked out. Thats the important thing that you got it straight congrats![sm=smiley20.gif]