MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   ordering a hood, freight collect? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/395024-ordering-a-hood-freight-collect.html)

moosestang 01-17-2008 09:19 AM

ordering a hood, freight collect?

Cervinis only ships freight collect! How am I supposed to ship a hood to the body shop using freight collect? The body shop isn't going to pay the shipping. The body shop didn't want to order the hood incase they didn't get the right one so they said they could reimburse me.

[:@]

moosestang 01-17-2008 09:31 AM

RE: ordering a hood, freight collect?

A new stock hood is $634 from newfordparts.com by the way. I can get almost any aftermarket hood for that.

Freight is $110 according to cervinis:eek:.

exx1976 01-17-2008 09:37 AM

Funny, when I ordered a hood freight collect for my last car, the body shop happily paid it, and then stuck it on my invoice as a line item. Too bad they made a 10% markup on it.. [:@]

moosestang 01-17-2008 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: exx1976

Funny, when I ordered a hood freight collect for my last car, the body shop happily paid it, and then stuck it on my invoice as a line item. Too bad they made a 10% markup on it.. [:@]
I'll have to call them and ask about it, maybe they will pay it. They are supposed to reimburse me for the hood anyway and the total with freight is less than a new hood. I have a feeling they will still try and stick me for the freight charges though.

exx1976 01-17-2008 09:44 AM

Even if they do, look at it this way: $110 out of pocket is a SCREAMING deal for a Cervini's hood. I know it's $110 you didn't plan on spending, (sorry to be presumptive) but judging by the picture in your sig, money is not exactly at a premium for you.. :D:D

moosestang 01-17-2008 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: exx1976

Even if they do, look at it this way: $110 out of pocket is a SCREAMING deal for a Cervini's hood. I know it's $110 you didn't plan on spending, (sorry to be presumptive) but judging by the picture in your sig, money is not exactly at a premium for you.. :D:D
Oh i'm not rich, believe that. I don't drink or smoke so that saves a lot of cash. The body shop is supposed to call me back.

exx1976 01-17-2008 10:06 AM

I'm not rich either, but I'm pretty sure I could come up with $110 for a new hood.. :D:D:D

moosestang 01-17-2008 10:19 AM

Well scratch that idea. Cervini's sucks! They will only ship credit card orders to the billing address.[:'(]

I guess they don't like money. I have no way to deliver a hood to the shop so F it.

exx1976 01-17-2008 10:28 AM

Yes, Cervini's is a ROYAL pain in the ass, and I agree, they seem to have a distaste for money..

In order to get my chin spoiler shipped, I actually had to call my bank and change the billing address, then call Cervinis, then call my bank and change it back..

But, if your bodyshop is getting the whole insurance check, they won't order the hood for you?? :eek:

phatphil 01-17-2008 10:32 AM

Moose there are places that have free shipping. I'll send you a pm.