Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Jury has returned a verdict......

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:40 AM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The Jury has returned a verdict......

Congats on the new power and welcome to club.......i think you'll find 1 st gear is useless with almost any street tires.....[sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-19-2008, 07:45 AM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Sweet numbers. How'd that brenspeed shop look?
Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Are we a little excited or what? When was the last time you remember being this excited? Brenspeed is the place of dreams come true. Do you think they love doing what they do? Those guys live and breathe S197's and I don't care how long of a drive it is, they are worth the trip. Those are great numbers by the way. You were lucky getting out of there without spending more, but you know where to go if you need more. Wouldn't it be nice if all businesses were ran like that.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

congrats..great #s.... now your CC is gonna have to be hit with some new shoes... the stock BFGs are worthless IMO wiht 435 RWHP...

believe me I know!!!

maybe upgrade your LCAs now too.... and man that car was dirty!!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:46 AM
GT Rick
1st Gear Member

So what was the total cost for the set-up? Looks great
Old 01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Awesome write-up and thanks for sharing with us all. Great numbers as well!!! Incredible service and I continue to drive the 10hrs as well for major modifications by Brenspeed.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Black_06GTStang
2nd Gear Member

Congrats! Those are some great numbers. I really like the placement of the boost gauge. Nice and clean looking. One of these days i'm going to have to try a twin screw car. Most people around here are running centri's. Sounds like a whole different animal.
Enjoy it!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

way too much information............
Old 01-19-2008, 10:18 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Yes, the car was dirty, but like I said, there was light rain the whole way in. Combine that with road salt, and, well.. That's what a black car looks like.

And yes, Brenspeed is TOTALLY worth the drive. If I lived anywhere within like 14 or 15 hours of them I'd still make the trip, and depending on the work, I'd even consider farther!

Total cost of the setup was a little over $6700 out the door, for everything. Blower, install, gauge, exhaust, yata yata.

I went with the Stage 2. The only thing different is the inlet tube, which I changed to the Saleen Extreme.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed my long-winded post, and the pictures, and yes, I'm excited like a teenager that just got laid. Thing that sucks is that now I wake up and there's 3 inches of snow on the ground, so I won't be able to drive my baby again until probably March or April.. I made it home like JUST in time, apparently!!

And to whoever said it - yes, tires, wheels, and LCA's are next on the list of mods. I'm thinking 18x9 and 18x10 with Nitto 555s.. The street version, not the DR..
Old 01-19-2008, 10:45 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

The lca's and brackets are definetly needed. The Nitto's are great, but you'll still won't hook in first. The Nitto D/R's will allow you to hook up but aren't worth a damn in the rain. If you have the money and plan on going to the track very often I'd invest in a set of the D/R's or E/T streets sitting in the garage. The Nitto's you mentioned would be great for everyday driving, you just don't want to race from a dig on the street. Third gear rolls are where I like to go from, love the look of the Vettes as you blow by them. Oh and remember more power is just a pulley change away. Don't forget to sign into the boost club bar.

Quick Reply: The Jury has returned a verdict......