Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Been awhile guys, question or two

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
StangDudeinNC

Default Been awhile guys, question or two

Hey everyone, it's been about a year since I posted. Anyway, I just had the SLP Performance Pac (long tube,cai,x-pipe w/cats,loud mouths)installed on my 07 GT and it sounds awesome and runs great. I do have a couple of questions.

1)Since I had the work done, my traction control light has been lit up on my dashboard. Thing is the switch that turns it on and off is lit up as off. I haven't noticed any issues driving so I'm wondering if this is just a result of the new work being done and nothing is actually wrong. Just a malfunction. Keep in mind I have never turned the traction control off in the year plus of owning the car. I don't really need to use it because it hardly rains here in NC much less snows!

2)Cabin drone. Yeah, it is quite loud in the cabin of the car and considering I drive 40 minutes to and 40 minutes back from work each day, this could become annoying. Anything I could get to reduce the noise inside the cabin? I have heard about resonators but I am not familiar with them. Any suggestions?

Once again, nice to talk to everyone again. Any info is appreciated.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:37 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Been awhile guys, question or two

you must have gotten a tune with the performance pack, So I would assume that the T/C is set to off as default. You can get a new tune and tell the tuner to set it as on if you'd like, but otherwise just push it and it will turn back on.

The exhaust drone, short of dynamat and actual sound deadening material, resonators are probably your best bet. I haven't used them, so I'll let someone who knows more on that comment. Welcome back.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:45 AM
jawsgt
2nd Gear Member

well i just installed both an o/r hipe and then replaced it a day later with a resonated h-pipe...and boy am i glad i did. i still has the drone but not nearly as bad as it was with the o/r h-pipe. alot cleaner and very very deep.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:29 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Burnsy-

I don't know about the pushing the button thing.. Brent told me that when the TC is set to OFF in the tune, you can't turn it back on by pressing the button. It's not that it's "defaulted" to off, it's OFF. He said to turn it back on again, you'd have to retune..

FWIW..
Old 02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
StangDudeinNC

Thanks for the response everyone. I would have to retune it to get the traction control to come back on. I talked to the guy at the shop who did it and he said they generally leave them off on modified cars. The drone is really only an issue around 65mph in fifth. I just speed up a little and it is no where near as bad. FWIW, the performance packs really do what they say. They dyno'd it and it's getting the 373hp at the flywheel and 320 rearwheel. The car was completely stock to begin with. It sounds great. My wife said she she could here the car coming home and I was almost half a mile from home! The supercharger is next but I'm probably looking a year or two down the road. Not cheap and the wife is talking kids so we will see. lol

Also, anybody here from NC should checkout Fastlane Motorsports which is where I got my work done. They are great. They work on Mustangs and Lightnings exclusively. Two great vehicles, both of which I have been blessed to own over the years. I really still miss my Lightning. Fastlane can be found on the web at www.fastlanemotorsports.us.

One other thing, how do you explain to a woman the necessity for a supercharger??