Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger/Methanol Injection?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:55 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger/Methanol Injection?

ORIGINAL: mygt500

TJ when you are going to get it done PM me and I will meet you there! I am interested as well in that system on my H.O whipple and Lidio is the man when it comes to tuning...IMHO....J

Excellent will do (PM) look forward to meeting you and seeing that car of yours in person (w/ camera ) I will be going with the H.P unit also, looking as of now end of April early May. I still have to talk over my plans (setup-12psi/IC-w/meth/ trans setup) with Lidio and make sure we are on the same page if he thinks and says its good to go. I think his Whipple setup is meth only no IC but I am not sure would you happen to know?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:37 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I am pretty sure his whipple setup was with the IC and meth but that car's motor was blown in nov/dec because he tried to up the boost (more than 17 psi) and blew the motor at the 1000' ft mark at the track. He was fine and the car was not....you could see the oil on the track and that what caused the accident after the motor blew....sucks I know but he can test the limits of the tuning and motor with his car as far as I am concerned...I have far less cash than he does...LOL .... Ask him about it....I maybe wrong but have not talked to him since mid fall- J
Old 02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I am pretty sure his whipple setup was with the IC and meth but that car's motor was blown in nov/dec because he tried to up the boost (more than 17 psi) and blew the motor at the 1000' ft mark at the track. He was fine and the car was not....you could see the oil on the track and that what caused the accident after the motor blew....sucks I know but he can test the limits of the tuning and motor with his car as far as I am concerned...I have far less cash than he does...LOL .... Ask him about it....I maybe wrong but have not talked to him since mid fall- J
Ok I wasn't sure if he was running a intercooler because on thier/his S/C05 GT shop car he just ran meth with no intercooler. YesI remember you posting about what happenedin another thread glad he was ok!

On the psi I know he was talked about running 1-2 psi higherover the 17 psi he has been running (on stock motor) soI wonder if he went 18-19psi when this happened or was it at 17psi he does push the limit!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

good question TJ.... my impression was he was running an IC w/meth at 15 PSI...than 17-18 psi at the track when most likely the meth failed and the tune dived -or your logic seems like the correct senerio for what happened.....I was told by downriverT on the forum and he is local as well and he was not positive......hopefully all that was bull and the car is fine and still running!!!! We will find out when we get your car worked on and maybe a clutch and flywheel for me!....J