Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WHICH IS THE BEST SUPERCHARGER FOR AN O8 MUSTANG GT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: WHICH IS THE BEST SUPERCHARGER FOR AN O8 MUSTANG GT?

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

With a 3.625" pulley, you will make as much power as the Gen 1's using a 3.375" pulley.
Is it a larger blower? If not then I don't see how that's possible.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:38 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

With a 3.625" pulley, you will make as much power as the Gen 1's using a 3.375" pulley.
Its the gen II of the 2.3L, more eficient rotors.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:45 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

hey what throttle body spacer is best?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:36 AM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Moosestang:

I understand where you are coming from. What I think Whipple has been able to do with the new rotors is increase Volumetric Effeciency (how much volume is actually displaced per revolution). Positive displacement compressors do not run at a set VE at all RPMs. If Whipple has increased the VE, the compressor will flow more air for a given RPM because its moving closer to its actual 2.3L displacement.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:17 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Moosestang:

I understand where you are coming from. What I think Whipple has been able to do with the new rotors is increase Volumetric Effeciency (how much volume is actually displaced per revolution). Positive displacement compressors do not run at a set VE at all RPMs. If Whipple has increased the VE, the compressor will flow more air for a given RPM because its moving closer to its actual 2.3L displacement.
So your saying it can make 10psi with a 3.6 inch pulley without increasing displacement? So then there is a replacement for displacement.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:17 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: explict

hey what throttle body spacer is best?
I hope thats a joke ....
Old 02-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I had a hard time deciding between the whipple and saleen. Ultimately, it came down to price per horsepower for me.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:05 AM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

Ahh Saleen or Whipple......I have struggled with this for weeks and weeks. I can just get a better deal on the Whipple...plust I like the whine.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

I talked to Mike from Whipple about two weeks ago or when ever I posted here on the new Whipple Gen 2. I was on the cell diving and did not have a good connection but I was under the impression with the new rotors (design) are turning less rpms (pulley size)than the old Whipple if they were at the same psi.

They are more efficient to both the design (pushing air)and turning less rpms, also since they are spinning slower heat also is reduced (@ same psi as the gen1) there for making more power (less parasite loss) below peak numbers.

The pulley setup he explained to me but I think I misunderstood him on that per cell phone not clear. I thought he said in his example if you run the new 10 psi pulley for the Gen 2 on the old Whipple it would make 12psi. But CatacysmGT said this is not the case in my old Gen 2 thread so I think misunderstood Mike according to CataclysmGT post.

Ok this is my own thinking on how this is possible, I think part of the reason this is possible is along with new lobes (& pulley size) is I think they might ofchanged the two gears (gear ratio) that spin the two new design lobes (one on each lobe) which now spin at a lower rpm (but pushing more air/psi as the Gen1 Whipple at a lower rpm) by the lower crank pulley. That would explain also why the same size pulley runs a different rpms and psi on the old Whipple.

The above paragraph is just my own thinking/ opinion would need to confirm by Whipple if this is the case.

Sidenote

There is one downside for me on this Whipple Gen II imo I think and believe the Whipple whine is going to be less (@10psi vs the Gen 1) due to it spinning at a lower rpm.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:28 PM
brian06eleanor
2nd Gear Member

i rec. kenne bell 2.6h or turbo a good friend of mine has a built motor 3v that had a saleen blower at 16psi and was only makin 540rwhp. swapped it to a kenne bell 2.6h with no other mods except a modded intake and made 630 rwhp

Quick Reply: WHICH IS THE BEST SUPERCHARGER FOR AN O8 MUSTANG GT?