Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Are 10s really that difficult with S197?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:09 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Are 10s really that difficult with S197?

ORIGINAL: JimIII@JDM

ORIGINAL: modaddict

Well Jim III from JDm is now in the 10's N/A. He's got a stroker motor and a custom TCI converter, otherwise a stock 5R55s.
LOL - how many times have they replaced the stock 5r55? (3 that I know of and probably LOT's more) That motor is also nowhere near a 281ci (either is the blue car. In fact, the blue car is pushing around 340ci...

JDM is very deceptive with their 'stock' claims because they never tell anyone how many times they break the stock stuff. They do that to sell more stuff so you guys will think you can do this and that on stock parts. They negelect to mention that to do what they do, you better own a shop like them and be willing to replace parts everytime you run the car...[:'(]

They are not the only ones - many vendors do it. As a rule of thumb I like to see at least one customer with a car that performs anywhere near what the vendor claims before I take what they claim as serious and doable/practical. In JDM's case, there's not one single customer car that is anywhere near the numbers they make and the reason is because you can't without replacing parts (like complete transmissions and motors) on a regular basis... So take JDM numbers with a grain of salt.

As for the OP - It is 100% correct that as you get faster (more HP), you will spend LOTS and LOTS of oney for every 10th. It's not a simple matter of putting on another bolt-on and calculating the difference. The faster you go, the more and more difficult it is to get HP and speed and it keeps getting harder and harder as you go up in power.

This is the reason, there is only a handful of S197 true 'steet cars' running mid 10's or better. And this is talking about built motors too![&:] Just buying a built motor is only the beginning guys, not the solution to going fast...

You want to run 10's on a street car? Count on spending at least 20K if you want it to last...

Hey **** Bird, get your facts straight, man you make up the most insane stuff!!!

My converter isnt custom its an off the shelf TCI 3500 stall street fighter and ive been saying that since day one.

The blue car is 298 cu in, where the hell did you come up with 340, probably because your trying to make any excuse as to why we are running so fast. Did you ever stop to think that its just because we have got our act together and know what we are doing???

WE HAVE ONLY BROKEN ONE STOCK TRANS, what the hell else have we broken!!!??? we have hundreds of 05-07 customers out there with ZERO Problems!!!

For your information the only parts we ever had to replace on the Blue car this entire race season with over 100 1/4 mile passes on it in 2007 alone was spark plugs and supercharger belts every other race just to make sure they were always in perfect shape. We never broke a single thing!!!!! The only thing we busted was your *** in California!!!

I just name 4 customers on the stock engine running times that NO ONE ELSE ON THE STOCK ENGINE IS RUNNING NEAR!!!

dont try and discredit my companys name, this is the only website your still allowed to post on because of all the lies and trash talk you have started.

JimIII

LOL - M o dular fords is the ONLY place I can't post on and how ironic that's the site where you gave the admins a blower when I started telling everyone how bad your business practices are...

Please name 1 other site besides that one I don't post on?? That's what I thought, Junior. Instead of following my posts around, why don't you tell your crooked dad to fight his own battles.

Your so FOS I'm not even going to waste time responding anymore. 138 mph on 16 psi and a 298ci? Save the BS for the newbies who don't know better...[8D]

Let's see - alledgedly you guys have had legal action taken against you TWICE (NOT COUNTING ME) - your father alledgedly had a bench warrant issued for his arrest relating to a case involving selling parts off a customer's car without his consent...

Oh yeah, I'm trying to 'discredit' JDM... you guys can do that all by yourselves...

Funny how I am friendly with over 20 vendors that post on various forums and you are the ONLY company that has ever had a problem with me or accuse me of 'starting crap'. I don't like to badmouth a company but in JDM's case - you guys more than deserve it. Just about every word that comes out from you guys is a lie and deception targeted to selling parts...pure and simple and I can't even count how much BS you have spewed towards me on five different websites and never once attempted to do anything but RIP ME OFF.

Now you still resort to your name callin' and bashing that Chevykiller is picking on poor old JDM again, yet don't you guys ever consider how you look as a company when you've had a bad dealing with a customer and after almost 2 years - you still have the same beef with the customer and have never once tried to make it right? That says a lot right there what kind of company you are and what mentality you have.

"If you have a problem with our service, we'll just attack you on the internet" - good business practices...lol

You are neither professional or honest, and you continue to display it on a weekly basis with your own foot in your mouth. I appreciate the hard work cause it makes my job easier to warn people when dealing with a company as shady as yours...

Old 02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

[sm=interesting.gif]
Old 02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

dMark, you think Im following you around, trust me man my life isnt that pathetic to worry about poking in on your comments. but when you bring my company or my name into a thread, Damn right you better belive im going to be there toclean up the crap you put on the forums!

I just wanted to let everyone know that what mark is saying about us is Lies. Like usual

Our blue car is a 298 stroker motor, Fact

Our car has run 9.8@139 MPH on stock cams, stock 5R55 and Saleen blower, Fact

We have 4 cars that have run 10's on the stock motor, fact

We have not broken anything more than 1 transmission in our blue car, Fact

We are persuing legal actions against Mark, because he disputed credit card charges after he had all his parts, Fact

You do speak with 20 vendors, but not one of them likes or trusts you, Fact!!

I have seen Mark making some informative posts, and they are good! I commend you on them Mark. However if you look on any other website this guy belongs to and speak with regular board members or vendors you we here many many complaints about him.

My relationships with my customers and buisness speak for themselves, You have even gone as far to kiss my *** in several of your posts telling everoyne how much you dislike my Father but how much of a good guy I am. what are you bi polar, now all the sudded im not to be trusted?? Because i call out your lies!

Im not going to respond to Mark anymore, I just wanted to let everyone know about the False Claims he made against us. You can run 10's on a S197 with a stock engine and auto trans, I have 4 customers who have already proven it!

JimIII
Old 02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Jim, Thanks for taking this thread into another personal beef. I have so much I want to say, but the reality is the forum and the members don't deserve to be subject to this BS from you or myself. For that reason, I'm going to hold my tongue and just ask that you please try to conduct your posts as a professional vendor if possible.

BTW: A few companies anyone is more than welcome to call and ask about me...

livernois motorsports
boss 330 racing
lethal performace
D'Agostino racing
PMP parts
Powerhouse
CHE performance
MMR
BMR
Kenne Bell
Whipple
Vortech engineering
JPC racing
Sutton Performance
ST Motorsports

To name a few...

Yes, unfortunately JDM is not on the list.
BTW: You have been decent in the past up until 2 weeks ago when you decided to make your father's and my beef your own..

Old 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Im just curious have any of your customers with the stock manual tran gone into the 10's. Thats what boat im about to be in.

Chris
Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 PM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

Mark,

You made it personal, and like I said you bring my Name or my companys name into a thread and talk about us in the mannor you usually do, I will be right there everytime to clear up your claims with the truth.

JimIII
Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Chris, I wouldn't just say this about JDM but ANY vendor...

Best to try to find the actual customers doing it and talk to them about what they think about it...
Old 02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hufenstang

Im just curious have any of your customers with the stock manual tran gone into the 10's. Thats what boat im about to be in.

Chris
I have a customer in Canada who has been 11.01 @ 129 on the stock engine / stock 5 speed manual trans but has broken 4 of them!! He just swaped to an auto and a JDM 298 stroker so i dont think he is going to hit 10's on the stock manaul 5 speed.

He kept breaking input shafts.

JimIII
Old 02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
JimIII@JDM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Hey Bob I should have taken you up on that Superbowl Bet!! Lol

Hows the car doing man! Enjoying that new power!

JimIII
Old 02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Thread has been partially destroyed....I have left the 2 original posts up. There will be no more discussing of previous problems from here out. Please just discuss the original topic at hand.

That is all.

Quick Reply: Are 10s really that difficult with S197?