Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

bamachips tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: bamachips tunes

ORIGINAL: mdg

I just got off the phone with Seth @ Breenspeed, and ordered the JLt-2 Xcal-2. Will be receiving the 87/91/93 tunes. Time to burn off that 87 I have in it right now and fill her up with 93 to get ready for the tune. Can't wait!
Congrats man, welcome to the club! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
mustang fanatic
1st Gear Member

I love Dougs tunes! He is awesome!!He spent 4 hours on the phone with troubleshooting some problems that i had. His tunes werent to blame it was my fault butman is his customer service awesome. I run his 91 race on my DD and its freaking awesome. He is the best on Automatics. I chirp in 3rd now.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

BTW, keep in mind that thanks to the Xcal and downloadable tunes you can always try tunes from different vendors down the road. I initially bought my Xcal from Brenspeed and then tried Bamachips and VMP, but each time went back to the Brenspeed tune which I feel provides the best performance on my car.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
scsmithmh60
1st Gear Member

I ordered my X-Cal 2and tunes from Brenspeed last Friday.They arebacked upso they said it would bea week before they couldget tomy order.I paid for the overnight shipping because I wanted it here for this weekend.They told meI should have it bytomorrow butI didn't get an e-mail today saying it had shipped so I bet it does not make it here in time. If you are in a hurry to get your tuner, you might want tocall Bama and see if Doug can get it to you faster.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdg

Well, after much research here on the forums and between Brenspeed/Bamachips, I've decided to go with Bamachips' JLT intake and Xcal-3 combo. Once I identify the highest octane's around here, I'll be placing the order. I believe that 93 octane is the most common. Just a few questions:

1.) is there much of a difference between the Xcal-2 and Xcal-3?
2.)what tune setup?

I know I'll be getting the 87-performance, and want the 93-race. Can I go with an 87-performance, 93-torque and 93-race? I just wanted to get some feedback before I bombared Doug with questions. Thanks in advance!
Good choice.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:08 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I have Bama tunes on my car from Doug....and all I can say is "WOW"!!!!!

I hear back and forth about Brenspeed vs Bama.......I think both would do well for you. For me however, I am extremely happy with Bama. His tunes definately woke my car up! I have an auto trans and Doug knows how to tweak it just right......

As a matter of fact I took the car out yesterday, and I am still a very strong believer in his tunes. I would do it all over again. Yes, I may have waited 2 weeks to get the tunes, but I had not a problem one. I am currently running the 93 octane torque on mine. I don't know much about the xcal3, but I haven't had one problem with the xcal2. I believe the xcal3 has a greater storage capacity on it, but I am not 100% sure.

As for the tunes......the shift points are stronger, crisp. Takeoff seems so much quicker and
the pickup is much better now. The chirp from 2nd to 3rd and so on is awesome too!!

No way wouldI havechosen anything but JLT.....I think it looksclean and well designed under the hood.

If youwent withBrenspeed, you'll be happy.However, I know I madetheright choice with Doug. I am reminded every time I start her up!!!

Good luck s ~
Old 02-08-2008, 01:44 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Here is a good thread to read:

https://mustangforums.com/m_3602707/...tm.htm#3607667

Here is my input on tunes from the popular tuners:

Brenspeed has 1 tune and it is pretty good all around...you can ask for harder shift points if you desire that, but anyone can do that for you.

Bama has a couple different ones.....
1. Torq-great power down low especially, a little less pull up in the higher RPMs (4K+)
2. Perf- Not as much down low but feels nice up top.
3. Race-almost like the 2 above combine....great down low and when you thinkits done and has nothing left......it keeps going up to 6K
the race might be to much for some for a DD.....but alot, including me, use it as the main tune. Third gear pulls incredibly hard on all of his tunes.

VMP also makes a great tune, very similar to brenspeeds. I like all three, B ama, brenspeed and VMP and they all have been great with my car. 3rd gear has been the best with b ama but brenspeeds seems to pull a little more in 2nd sometimes over dougs.

Bottom line is you should/will be happy with any tunes probably, Hell Tillmanspeed (CR) has a really good tune also. Every car is different to and will react a little different to every tune.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I'm in no big hurry to receive it, this allows me time to run some 93 through it. Thanks for the comments/advice. I'll post again after the install.