Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

sold my loudmouths :( mid-muffs??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Grabber07Orange
2nd Gear Member

Default sold my loudmouths :( mid-muffs??

i'm 17 and live with my mom and dad and unfortunately my car is their alarm clock in the morning but my parents finally broke down and told me to sell i loved the sound of my slp's and o/r h but my parents said it was annoyingly loud and made me get rid of one or the other. i decided it would be too hard for me to package and ship the o/r h since i threw away the box it came in so i sold the LM's, and the guy who bought them was an excellent buyer thanks for your business!looking for a new system, i wanted something still pretty loud and i really liked the way stingers sounded with an o/r h but i didn't have 550$ laying around so figured anystraight thrumuff wouldwork soi ordered pypes mid-muffler yesterday from bspeed and i'm just curious if this setup is going to be too loud with a o/r h also?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: sold my loudmouths :( mid-muffs??

its not gonig to be a hell of a lot quieter.

...........but it WILL sound a hell of a lot better
Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grabber07Orange

i'm 17 and live with my mom and dad and unfortunately my car is their alarm clock in the morning but my parents finally broke down and told me to sell i loved the sound of my slp's and o/r h but my parents said it was annoyingly loud and made me get rid of one or the other. i decided it would be too hard for me to package and ship the o/r h since i threw away the box it came in so i sold the LM's, and the guy who bought them was an excellent buyer thanks for your business!looking for a new system, i wanted something still pretty loud and i really liked the way stingers sounded with an o/r h but i didn't have 550$ laying around so figured anystraight thrumuff wouldwork soi ordered pypes mid-muffler yesterday from bspeed and i'm just curious if this setup is going to be too loud with a o/r h also?
Yes it will be to loud for you parents. Your parents don't have any reason to complain IMO. They approved the car so they are SOL.

Any exhaust with an Off road H pipe is going to be loud except maybe the stock mufflers.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you just gotta sell it to your parents, tell them like, "man this thing is much, much quieter than my last set up." and try not to laugh or smile when you say this.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

i'll buy your o/r H!!! i can even pick it up
Old 02-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Grabber07Orange
2nd Gear Member

i already sold the lm's harraid...plus there's no way i'm selling the H sorry my man
Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
OrangeGTCS
1st Gear Member

The H pipe is going to keep it loud no matter which aftermarket muffler you go with.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Let me get this straight, your parents said that your O/R H-pipe with SLP LMs was too loud. So your solution to making your parents happy is getting rid of the LMs then getting another set of straight through mufflers?

It will be marginally quieter than the LMs, and your parents will still think your car is too loud.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Grabber07Orange
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

So your solution to making your parents happy is getting rid of the LMs then getting another set of straight through mufflers?
Exactly!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:36 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grabber07Orange

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

So your solution to making your parents happy is getting rid of the LMs then getting another set of straight through mufflers?
Exactly!
Ok well that makes no sense.

Quick Reply: sold my loudmouths :( mid-muffs??