Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Won't Start... Any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Won't Start... Any advice?

ORIGINAL: abrush

Yes I am using the factory key. Also, regarding the clutch sensor the car should not turn over at all if it is bad. I know that there is not a vacuum leak because the day that the car did start it idled perfect. If there was a leak it would have idled rough. The mechanic tested the computer and said it tested good. I don't know if he cleaned the contacts on the plugs.
Isn't there some kind of anti theft system that can disable the car?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I am not sure about the anti-theft. The car is currently at my body shop and they are taking it to the mechanic after the work is finished. The mechanic came over to the body shop several times but couldn't diaganose it there. I have read about the camshaft positioning sensor acting up on these cars so I am not sure if that could be another possible problem or not. I have given the mechanic some of the possible problems that you guys have all posted but you know how mechanics are, they don't want to hear it because they know best! I will let you know what the problem was once I find out. Thanks for all the posts!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

Well, my body shop guy actually found the problem so I will update everyone in case any of you would ever have this problem. The car was flooded. There was so much gas in the cylinders that the spark plugs were practically drowning. He ended up removing all the spark plugs and blowing some air in the cylinders to dry it out. After that he installed new plugs and it started right up. As for how it ever got flooded, I have no idea. The only thing I can think is that the guy who drove it up on the trailer for transport must have been rodding it while he was driving it up forcing lots of fuel to flow but not being able to burn it at the same time. Needless to say, I wanted to also let you know that my spark plugs came out easily. He didn't use anything but a socket to remove them. He said that they were tight but came right out with a little effort. I did make sure that he applied anti-seize to them before reinstalling.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:07 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

hey thanks for the follow-up. now
we have closure