Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Staying N/A, what to do next for more HP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:42 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Staying N/A, what to do next for more HP?

TC next and then gears...IMO
Old 02-21-2008, 02:38 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

I'd get a whipple
Old 02-21-2008, 03:09 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: majustin1

[align=left]Try driving with 4.10s some time. Its not near as much as a blower, but its hard to keep your foot off of it. [/align]
lol, March 24th is when my 4.10's get installed. I'm expecting a drop in MPG just from getting on it but I didn't buy the car for its MPG.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nbd13

Hey guys,

Well I have decided to stay N/A and what to get my next part ordered that I'm going to install. Let me give you a run down of what I have on the car already:

'06 GT convertible which is my DD
Boom Tubes
Mac O/R X pipe
JLT2 CAI + tune from Brenspeed
Steeda UDP

Now, after doing some reading and research I am not sure which way to turn....here are my thoughts and opitions as to what to order next:

- 3.73 Gears
- Steeda CMDP from Brenspeed
- Meziere Electric Water Pump from Brenspeed
- Mac Ceramic LT headers (1 3/4")
- Something else I'm not thinking about?

So what do you guys think, what should I order? This car is my DD, but I like to take it to the track once in awhile. Mainly, I'm trying to shoot for the most HP for the money here, you know bang for your buck type thing.

Or should I get something that's not on the list? Let me know what the next logical step is.

Thanks guys,

Nick
I'll give you at least by the end of the year til you realize you want to go FI.... Im always debating about it... and no I have given in... FI is the way to go with these motors... But regardless of what you do.. Get a TC... I have a TCI 3000 Stall and it lowered my 1/4 mile time by .25 sec.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:51 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I have one more question,I was on the phone with a gentleman from Brenspeed today and he said he would think about new CAMs. He reccomened the05-08 MUSTANG NSR CUSTOM 3V CAM SET for about $645.

He saidI should easily gain about 15ish HP from these CAMs alone and said I do not need springs. What do people think about these CAMs? For the money, is the 15ish HP gain good? I don't think I could pick up another 15 HP from the addition of anything else.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Oh no, tell me you didn't say cams!!

Just kidding that just normally gets everyone cranked up. Just do a search, you'll know why!

I'd go TC and then a set of gears. Me I'd go 410's. If you want to make power then gas mileage is going to be a trade off. I wouldn't sweat the difference between 410's and 373's as far as gas mileage goes. Just my opinion.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:30 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

If I stay NA and don't get the Saleen my next moves will be 4.10 gears, driveshaft, and UDP.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Cams is a 4 letter word here.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

[sm=nxsmile.gif] Cams is a 4 letter word.....funy post. If this is for an occasional trip to the track, there is another way.......... Then you can spend the rest of the $$$ on drag radials and some suspension work so all that low end torque gets transferred to the ground
Old 02-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

you should just read that thread titled "full bolt on mods list" pretty much same exact thread.. just has more info on it already..
I thought the only problem people have with cams is that the install is like around $1,000?
I wont try to argue with your reasons to stay NA but if you want bang for buck everything is gonna get very pricy and not much bang.. suspension can also help your times... they go over that in the other thread too i believe... LCA's are a popular 1st or 2nd suspension mod..

Quick Reply: Staying N/A, what to do next for more HP?