Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI w/tune: FRPP vs. Brenspeed vs. Bamachips vs. ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CAI w/tune: FRPP vs. Brenspeed vs. Bamachips vs. ???

ORIGINAL: zkiller

But I'm as happy as could be with my FRPP setup, and sleep like a freakin baby knowing that I kept my full 3 year factory warranty
I still have my full 3 year factory warranty too. And my CAI has a big twin screw supercharger attached at the other end. If you work with the right dealer they do not mess with your warranty, especially on things like a CAI or axlebacks.
+1

They CAN'T void your warrantyunless they PROVE the CAI caused the failure with what ever part is faulty.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

ORIGINAL: sycd

According to my butt dyno, Brenspeed pulls harder than any other tunes I tried (Bamachips, VMP, Ford Racing.)

I like the Steeda intake with Saleen tube. Takes about 15 minutes to switch back to the stock airbox.
It's easy to make a tune feel "faster".
I'm guessing the brenspeed only has more sensitive settings on the throttle drive by wire system. That's why it feels more torquey!

I have the C&L Street intake on my car with a Diablo programmer. Doug @ Bamachips installed 3 custom tunes for my 08.

93 performance - more power above 3000 range
93 torque - more torque in the 1500-3000 RPM range (use this tune daily)
93 race - same as performance tune with more sensitive settings on the throttle drive by wire.

The 93 race tune feels ALOT faster out of the hole, but I know for a FACT it isn't really. The throttle settings are the ONLY change. The car just reacts faster to my foot.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Unleashedbeast

ORIGINAL: zkiller

But I'm as happy as could be with my FRPP setup, and sleep like a freakin baby knowing that I kept my full 3 year factory warranty
I still have my full 3 year factory warranty too. And my CAI has a big twin screw supercharger attached at the other end. If you work with the right dealer they do not mess with your warranty, especially on things like a CAI or axlebacks.
+1

They CAN'T void your warrantyunless they PROVE the CAI caused the failure with what ever part is faulty.

Jeez, gimme a break! Nothing could be simpler for Fords team of lawyers to "prove" than that my leaky tranny seal was probably caused by the extra stress from the extra h.p. and firmer shift points resulting from the tune.
They probably lay awake at night praying that all their cases would be so easy...!

Are you really so naive that you believe they'll just roll over and fix everyone's car without putting up a fight?
And Ford has big law firms on 24/7 retainer- while we will have to hire expensive lawyers and waste a lot of time trying to "prove" that the problem did not result from a mod.

When something finally happens to your modded car and you try to "make" Ford fix it under warranty- let us know how things worked out for you....
Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

ORIGINAL: sycd

According to my butt dyno, Brenspeed pulls harder than any other tunes I tried (Bamachips, VMP, Ford Racing.)

I like the Steeda intake with Saleen tube. Takes about 15 minutes to switch back to the stock airbox.
It's easy to make a tune feel "faster".
Totally agree with you bud. The Brenspeed tune has definitely a more touchy throttle response. With the VMP tune I need to apply more throttle to squeeze out the same power. At WOT it's very close though, the Brenspeed tune has a very slight edge over VMP, but not by that much. The VMP has a stronger bottom-end though. So it depends what you're looking for in a tune. I should say that I think both Brenspeed and VMP have excellent tunes, and I had top notch customer service from both Brent and Justin. I regularly switch between the two tunes.