Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need help stock gt!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
tofast4u1989

Default need help stock gt!!!

ok i have a stock 2005 mustang gt. its an automatic and im looking to make this car fast and have the power to burn the tires and push me in my seat. im about to cutt the mufflers off and run two striaght pipes from the axl back. im looking to get an sct tuner from brenspeed but havent decided if im going with a k&n or steeda cold air intake. im on a budget here to because im in college and have a car payment so what are some things i can do to make my car fast
Old 02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
mykld214

Default RE: need help stock gt!!!

I just installed the Steeda CAI & tune from Brenspeed. Cost me $627 shipped.
I'm very pleased
Old 02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tofast4u1989

ok i have a stock 2005 mustang gt. its an automatic and im looking to make this car fast and have the power to burn the tires and push me in my seat. im about to cutt the mufflers off and run two striaght pipes from the axl back. im looking to get an sct tuner from brenspeed but havent decided if im going with a k&n or steeda cold air intake. im on a budget here to because im in college and have a car payment so what are some things i can do to make my car fast
Hi tofast4u1989,

Sorry to break it to you but you can't afford to go much faster than you already are. If you want to go fast you need to bring bags of money to someone who can install a supercharger on a built bottom end. Go to school and finish, get a job and then come back here.

Cheers!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:55 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Just throw some Nitrous at it and call it a day.
[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 02-27-2008, 06:59 PM
craezjo
2nd Gear Member

id say get a brenspeed tune and cai, with slps or pypes muffler delete, with some 4.10 gears and that should put you in your seat pretty good.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
tofast4u1989

k im gona get the sct tuner from brenspeed before i get the cold air intake. does it come with a custom tune automatically from brenspeed or do i gota pay them an addiional charge for that
Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I believe Brenspeed sells the tuner with 3 tunes. Since you don't have any mods your choices are limited to your choice of 3 octanes. However, I strongly suggest you get the CAI & tuner. If you just get the tuner and tunes, you'll have to buy modified tunes when you get your CAIdue to the additional airflow.

Call Brenspeed and they'll answer all your questions. Their tech support is excellent.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tofast4u1989

ok i have a stock 2005 mustang gt. . im about to cutt the mufflers off
You have 300Hp , 300 Trq, its just delivered in a innefective way.

0. Dont cut those mufflers off, get a tuned setup.

1. Get a Cold Air Intake and 89 Octane Tune FTW.

2. Get rid of that play in your throttle pedal sensor resistor.

Ive driven modded and stock, and must say, after modded and tuned, the difference is Male and Female.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Yes, get the CAI/Tune combo from Brenspeed. The package will come with 3 different tunes for the different octanes. I would shy away from the K&N as the gain will be a bit lower than the C&L, JLT, Steeda and etc. You will notice a big difference with just this modification. Gears would also help. I wouldn't be too worried about burning the tires too much as they are expensive to replace. You will be happy with the improved throttle response, power and especially the shifting with the automatic. You will chirp 1-2 and probably 2-3 shifts with the auto. Brenspeeds tunes and service are top notch.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:44 PM
tofast4u1989

yea ive heard alot of good things about brenspeed. i also want to make the car alot louder i like a loud sound. so im looking to get my local muffler shop to cut the mufflers off and replace the axl back system with two stragih pipes that go wehre the mufflers were just like the setup on a slp loudmouth. do yall recoomend this. also i know this is a dumb question but im new to this fourm. how do u look up that fourms that you have posted cuzz im just constantly seaching to find this one that i started, is there a way to find it easier?

Quick Reply: need help stock gt!!!