Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo vs. Supercharged Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:30 AM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo vs. Supercharged Bullitt

I agree with keeping it stock, but if youare dead set on adding more power i would go with a TS supercharger.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:36 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

if you are getting power hungry, then supercharge it. i love the sound of a supercharger.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:59 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Yes- they are making only 7700 (so you are right about thousands) from what I have read so it will be rare in the future IMO (esp after the new EPA laws for all cars). Get a whipple you will be more than happy and if you want to keep the strut tower brace as mentioned before get the turbo! JMO J
7700 is a huge production number for a specialty car. They will by no means be rare in the future, nor will they ever be worth significant money (adjusted for future inflation, of course).
Although Im sure thats what guys in the 60's/70's saidNow they are kicking themselves in the head for not keeping that mint shelby/boss/Mach......learn from the past....keep it stock/very very lightly modded or get a GT w/ KB
Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
armystrong
1st Gear Member

Like many have said..i'd have to keep it stock. Maybe better tunes, stuff like that which people can't easily tell you've done.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Yes- they are making only 7700 (so you are right about thousands) from what I have read so it will be rare in the future IMO (esp after the new EPA laws for all cars). Get a whipple you will be more than happy and if you want to keep the strut tower brace as mentioned before get the turbo! JMO J
7700 is a huge production number for a specialty car. They will by no means be rare in the future, nor will they ever be worth significant money (adjusted for future inflation, of course).
Although Im sure thats what guys in the 60's/70's saidNow they are kicking themselves in the head for not keeping that mint shelby/boss/Mach......learn from the past....keep it stock/very very lightly modded or get a GT w/ KB
The only cars that bring significant coin from that era (again, adjust for inflation) had production numbers MUCH lower than 7700. Usually less than a hundred units. For instance, a great condition basic mach 1 unrestored from the early 70s might bring home 35 to 40 thousand dollars, which seems like a huge return when the original price of the car was probably around 4 grand,but when you adjust for inflation, it's really almost no return at all.

Bottom line, if you want a return on your investment, don't invest in automobiles. Try stocks instead. Mod the hell out of your bullitt and don't look back.