Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

bassani modular x-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default bassani modular x-pipe?

Does anyone use this x-pipe? If so how is it? Is it a hassle to switch from off road to legal?

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_200...es/BX46053.gif
Old 03-09-2008, 09:59 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: bassani modular x-pipe?

Putting the stock cats back on is no big deal. That is a great x-pipe!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:02 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

i have it and LOVE it.

in terms of sound, it's a very good balance between an o/r midpipe (raw) and the stock midpipe (muffled).
Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

Does anyone use this x-pipe? If so how is it? Is it a hassle to switch from off road to legal?

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_200...es/BX46053.gif
Brain straight up, it's a B*TCH! I got the modular X for the same reason that I'm guessing you want it for. ( So you can switch back and forth whenever you want) It does not work like that at all! I would have to take the whole X off from underneath the car, then mess with it for a long time to get the cats or pipes off. The fit is SO tight it takes forever. I switched alot because I had problems with the X and on a couple occasions I could not get the pipes separated by myself but had to have a friend help me wrench it off. If your looking for a catted X its the best one there is for the car but I wouldnt get it to switch, its super inconvenient. If you want no cats just get the pypes O/R version. I'm hope this helps you make a good decision before you purchase. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
-Scott
Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 PM
GT06GT
2nd Gear Member

I wouldnt say a "hassle" I mean yes, there is deffinate work involved. Bassani makes a really tight fit on all there parts which I love since it stops any exhaust leaks, but if you want to switch, your going to lift up the car, dont have to remove the X, but loosen it to work around it, remove the cats, and put in the pipes, re install the X, and bring the car back down. I Love the sound of bassani, and the quality, The switch is a minor PITA but no matter what company you go with its going to be. You cant get around having to do the necessary steps, unless you weld the O/R pipes to the bottem of your car and install a Y tube in the exhaust and some kind of regulator that decides which way the exhaust flows via some switch, But thats just unnecessary crazy talk, IMO, get the exhaust, the sound is awsome, and you have the option of both.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:47 PM
RoushGT05
1st Gear Member

Im actually in the market for an X pipe too & i think that im gonna pick this one up. Personally it seems to be the best one that ive found for the money and Bassani is very well known. Even if its a hassle to change the pipes out oh well.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM
bkmagby
1st Gear Member

How does the Bassani x-pipe compare to the Magnaflow True X-pipe (catted in both situations)? I am considering this set up but would like to know how the two compare? I have heard that the Magnaflow True-X makes more power than the Bassani but I don't know if this is true or not. I am not interested in running with out the cats, so that is not a factor in my decision, just which one would make the most power with the cats in place and which one sounds the best? Also, will either one show significant gains over the stock H-pipe? I will be running JBA Cat4ward headers with either the Magnaflow or Bassani and I am running FRPP GTA axel backs. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all the tips guys, I think I might just stear away from the modular for now and stick with what I have. If anything I'll just get some high flow cats or just get rid of them all together.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:12 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I would say the bassani is better. I havent heard the magnaflow but I've heard from others that its not very good. I had the bassani , the cats are as good as it gets and it has a clamshell crossover. I really cant see the magnflow outperforming the bassani powerwise. Either way it wont be a big power improvement over stock. As far as sound though which is mostly what it's for the bassani sounds nice and is pretty loud while I've heard (again I never heard it first person) the magnaflow is quiet.