Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

build date/ delevery

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: build date/ delevery

ORIGINAL: GWFoos

Whitey are you Irish?
Scottish...

And no its not a bloody skirt!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 281GT

Don't know. I just ordered an 05 with IUP and manual trans. My dealer seems pretty sure I will get it but could not garantee it. Said it would take 2 - 3 months which seems to be pretty consistent with what all the other dealers have been telling me. March 17, Ford bumped up production to try and meet the demand. Who really knows? I asked my dealer to try an source a similar car so I could get it sooner. Yesterday he found 3 locally, all had been sold. Best of luck!
I really dont want to blast your hopes... But you should REALLY check with your dealer... The calls have been going out that 05 are NO MORE and you can only get an 06 (if you havent already been moved up the pipe and have a build date)...

The problem is that for some reason some dealers aren't being honest about this!!

My 05 order was missed by one! the guy in front of me got his and mine was left behind and canceled... because of a shortage of Manual Trannies....
Old 04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I'm part Scottish as well, but I only wear my 'skirt' on the weekends. Did I just say that out loud? [:@]
Old 04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I'm part Scottish as well, but I only wear my 'skirt' on the weekends. Did I just say that out loud? [:@]
Ahh but what do you wear under it?

Hmmm??
Old 04-07-2005, 08:46 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Staying with our military theme from a number of other posts: commando, in true Scottish style.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

Staying with our military theme from a number of other posts: commando, in true Scottish style.
Sweet... I can see your hinney!

Can you see mine?

(<- is a sick SOB)
Old 04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

What's a 'hinney'? Do you mean heiny? Do you think that molarity is only two of the three stooges?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

What's a 'hinney'? Do you mean heiny? Do you think that molarity is only two of the three stooges?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 04-07-2005, 09:19 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I originally ordered my mineral gray GT with the IUP, Shaker 500 and 5 speed manual on 11/17/04 from a small dealer in my area. So far, it is still clean and unscheduled. I got tired of waiting around for this order and decided on 3/23/05 to go with another dealer. I was not locked into buying the original order. I called 2 dealers that said they were not taking anymore orders and the 3rd dealer said they will take the order and is pretty sure they can have it in 10-12 weeks. They seem to be very confident that they will get it. After I made the second order, the original dealer said that he would still try and that if it came in before the 2nd order that I can either take that one or they would sell it off the lot. No harm no fowl. Now I have 2 orders out there and both are clean and unscheduled. Maybe I'll get lucky and get at least one out of the 2 soon.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Whitey_McNasty
2nd Gear Member

best of luck... but it probably isn't gonna happen... People are getting shafted left and right...

reorder as an 06 and you will get it sooner (probably)...

Quick Reply: build date/ delevery