Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lightweight Radiator Support by Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:32 PM
CBSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Default Lightweight Radiator Support by Steeda

Anyone have any experience with this piece, it seems good for a streetablestang since you can keep your sway bar. Lightweight Radiator Support
Old 03-11-2008, 01:38 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lightweight Radiator Support by Steeda

Well the sway bar is the heavy part that the BMR delete takes care of. In all honestly, the only way i would consider this is if I was an auto crosser. Otherwise, I'd just leave the stock set-up or if I was concerned with weight I'd do the BMR delete. I've never had an issue not having a front sway bar for everyday street driving. I really think it would only be an issue if you were an auto cross racer and even then, I'd be looking at a more custom complete front suspension set-up anyway so I'd have to give a thumbs down on this product IMO.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:22 PM
mustang fanatic
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modaddict

Well the sway bar is the heavy part that the BMR delete takes care of. In all honestly, the only way i would consider this is if I was an auto crosser. Otherwise, I'd just leave the stock set-up or if I was concerned with weight I'd do the BMR delete. I've never had an issue not having a front sway bar for everyday street driving. I really think it would only be an issue if you were an auto cross racer and even then, I'd be looking at a more custom complete front suspension set-up anyway so I'd have to give a thumbs down on this product IMO.
So you dont run any swaybar in the front? Do you do alot of street driving? YOu dont notice any difference not having one?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:24 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Nope. I drive the car about 14K miles a year. I drive the car pretty easy on the street though. I'm more of a straight line kind of guy. (I use a different car than a mustang for other stuff...)

But no, not having a front sway bar hasn't been a big deal for me at all.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
mustang fanatic
1st Gear Member

Nope. I drive the car about 14K miles a year. I drive the car pretty easy on the street though. I'm more of a straight line kind of guy. (I use a different car than a mustang for other stuff...)

do you have other suspension mods?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I'm the same way dragging is where it's at. I looked at the sway delete too but it's really that mild? I mean I dont AutoX but I do take turns so Does it roll horribly? My main question is did you notice an increase in acceleration from the weight loss?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:36 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

In all honesty - absolutely not. It takes more than a single weight shaving mod before you'll actually notice and feel the differences. That's just the simple truth.

On the street I don't notice any difference in turning, but I'm not trying to take turns at 100 mph either...lol

If you want to shave noticeable weight, then you really need the whole package from BMR IMO...

Swaybar delete/radiator support
tubular K member
Tubular a-arms

Now you're talking 40-50 lbs or so and a difference. But you could also switch out your driver and passenger seat to a lightweight version and shave even more weight than that. The front seats are a huge weight in our cars. I shaved a whopping 80 lbs switching my seats...

Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang fanatic

do you have other suspension mods?
Far too many to list. A better question is what suspension mods I 'DON'T' have...lol