Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anybody getting pulled over often?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Brain
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody getting pulled over often?

ORIGINAL: RL FAST

I am trying very hard not to, going as far as driving the speed LIMIT to avoid one. I never had to do that in my Taurus[&o]
I have a friend who had an Audi S4. Could set an alarm for a certain speed and it would beep or some such when you hit/approached that speed. I test drove a 5 speed GT today and that would be a VERY useful feature to have on a mustang... [8D] Gawd that was nice, can't wait for mine to come in! (8 weeks sez the dealer, fingers crossed)
Old 04-14-2005, 05:53 PM
gotan05
1st Gear Member

I don't have my car yet, but I know the feeling. I was on my way back to the base in my Camaro, and got a ticket for 78 in a 55. Now I know it sounds stupid to complain, but I could see the 65 sign about a 1/4 mile ahead. After going back and forth for a while, I finally asked if he could at least give me a ticket for 78 in a 65. He said no because I didn't get past the sign yet. I was higly POed. And he just had the biggest grin. But what really got under my skin was there were a couple cars that blew by me at the same time. But I got the ticket instead. If it wasn't like 400 miles from the base I definitely would have fought that!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:07 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I just got my 05 Saleen, and took it out on the highway. At a stop light, getting ready to turn right behind a dump truck I swung out wide and punched it. Got her completely sideways as I passed the truck and took off like a bat out of hell. As I came out of the slide I noticed a cop sitting there facing me waiting to turn left. I did notice he was on duty, but to my suprise he continued on rather than taking the sure-fire reckless driving ticket!!! Talk about luck!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:26 PM
kcshaner

I had a bright Yellow Viper with 19" chrome wheels and a straight pipe exhaust with no cats......never once got pulled over. Hell, I don't think I have ever been pulled over in a sports car....just my truck on motorcycles[:@]
Old 04-16-2005, 04:11 AM
GT_dOc
3rd Gear Member

Dont feel that bad i know a guy who got pulled over for doing 110 in like a 45-50 lol wasnt a pretty sight after im pretty sure lol.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:09 AM
StangNut72

Well, I haven't gotten my Mustang yet but just got my 1996 Civic LX Sedan completely cleaned and detailed inside and out (nice and shiny -- it's a dealer quality clean). Stopped over at Carl's Jr. and a cop pulls up right behind me in the drive thru! I just thought he was ordering some food, but after I ordered and pulled up at the pickup window, he just went right past me on his way (without picking up anything from the drive thru whatsoever). Absolutely weird -- my plates aren't expired or anything. I wonder what prompted that one!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:17 AM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

I had the cops undertake me the other day on the highway. They then moved infront and around onto the correct lane. The passenger cop then just starred at me and finally smiled with a thumbs up. They then put on their "USE CORRECT LANE" lights so everyone moved out of the fast lane.

The volvo T5 cop car then put his foot down and sped of the sliproad of the highway leaving me a nice clear stretch of road... Perfect i though to myself and down went the right foot

See police can be friendly after all
Old 05-31-2005, 11:09 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

i havent ever been pulled over yet...i dont really speed anyway...too risky for me to get a ticket..besides i like my insurance price the way it is
Old 05-31-2005, 11:40 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

I got my car Saturday Morning. I haven't been pulled over yet, but I have had 5 cops follow me for an excessive amount of time waiting for me to do something stupid. One even did a U-turn in the middle of a four lane highway (A1A) just to follow me for 4 miles (yes I watched the odometer) before turning around again.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

'05 GT isn't here yet and I haven't had a ticket in so long I forgot they still give them out. I've been driving a Tahoe and a little green Nissan p/u.
I try to stay under 10 over the limit and most officers will let you go... The last ticket I got was in my '94 GT. I'd been driving it for a few years (it was '97 or '98).
My dad had a serious stroke and I was heading down i-65 (Huntsville to B'ham) to the hospital. OOLLDD dude pulls me out of a crowd and wrote me up for 82 in a 70 (I was doing 85...). I told him why I was driving 85 and that if my Dad died before I got there - I'd fight the ticket and go for his badge. Now, the REASON for my unusually harsh attitude towards an officer was that I was in a "Lasar Red Metallic" Mustang GT (same as Redfire now). I was in the right lane between two other vehicles AND was being passed by a big, blue Mercury! I didn't fight the ticket... mainly because about 2 weeks earlier I had driven to Mobile, AL and crossing that long bridge (2+ miles) I let her eat... 141 mph. Only time I ever got it over 100. So, I figured I deserved a ticket... and I'd rather it be for 12 over instead of 71 over.

BTW - of those who HAVE gotten tickets - how many have radar and what brand?? I ran a radar for a while in the GT but I found that I got so many false reports I was better off just watching other vehicles tail lights. Like I said, I don't run much over the limit but I would like to know when they are around so I can be extra careful... don't want to get a ticket for stopping to fast or "undue acceleration".

Quick Reply: Anybody getting pulled over often?