Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Screwy Dealership. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Screwy Dealership. . .

I bet that kid was happy that he got to buy two new cars in one day.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Well, I'm a little worried now. I just took my car into the dealership and they've had it for two days. They are doing the Seperation plate TSB, Door Rattle TSB, Airbag Recall, and there is a strip on the outside driver's door that is coming out so I requested that be fixed. Along with oil change & tire rotation. I am leaving in 4 days and the car won't be driven for 5+ months so I wanted to get all this work done at once.

The service advisor/manager is well aware how disappointed I am with another Dealership and their crappy service; so I'm hoping he's going to take very good care of me. Unfortunately I didn't check the odometer and I should have, and not only that but I had nearly a full tank of gas. If they think they can just fill it up with gas and fool me; I hope not... Considering they will put 87 in a 93 octane tuned car. I think I need to get some sticker to put on the gas tank cap "93 Octane Only" or something.

The previous dealer I went to KEPT my car over night, and they were only doing a repair of an exhaust issue I paid them to do and they did a ****ty job... And their road is under construction and my car came back filthy.. I was so pissed I didn't say anything, but I should have. >.< Just didn't want to trust them another minute with my car.

Anyway, the current dealership kept it over night to do some things on it, and they kept it over night the second time because they were waiting on a part for the door trim. So I'll get it back today and I pray for them that it's fixed and perfect.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM
boosted94
1st Gear Member

I know its not a ford but this is what happened to my Acura TL a few years ago when I left it at the dealership for a 3rd gear grinding issue....

The car ended up being totalled and I reached a settlement with the dealer before I took them to court

Short story...car was grinding in 3rd gear...took the car up there 3 times..the 3rd time i left it there for a week..few days later I got a call that my car was wrecked..come to find out the mechanic decided to take the car HOME for the night...got the the highway..lost control (most likely he had his foot in the floor)..hit a concrete barrier...and the result is what you see above...a friend of mine who lives up there took the pictures for me...As soon as I saw them I drove up there immediately looking for the mechanic but couldnt find him...most likely he took off as soon as they noticed i was there...the mechanic has yet to be fired to this day

Old 03-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Trust me, if they wrecked my car I would be getting a new one... and then some. I'd sue them till money was coming out their ***...
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

This is exactly why I wont be getting the TSB done. My wife is taller than 5% female and the seat will never be all the way forward and she wont ever not be wearing a seat belt.

Heck I dont even like leaving my car at performance shops since I always see them taking out customer cars to lunch. I know it must be hard having great cars around all the time, but if I owned a shop I would never just take one for a spin. Its not right.

Just wondering why people are getting Valet tunes as well. With an SCT 2 you can set the speed and rev limiter where ever you want in like 2 mins when you load the tune? I assume the Diablo is the same way.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Mechanics taking the car home for the night - not all that unheard of. Sometimes they'll do it to test the car.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I haven't tested the valet tune yet.. but perhaps there is more to it.. makes it doesnot even accelerate quickly through the rpm limit or something..
Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Well, I got my car back. Everything seems in ok condition. The only problem is the door panels or something still rattles in the doors, maybe it's debris that fell into the doors from the window; I dunno. Nevertheless according to the paper work they did the door panel tsb, which just installs felt in certain areas on the door.