Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Screwy Dealership. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:19 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Screwy Dealership. . .

I run a shop myself, and always enjoy a nice car when they come in. I may rev it a bit just to hear the exhaust, (and would take pride in it if it were mine being revved knowing they admire the car), but I would NEVER rev the **** out of it to bounce off the rev limiter even once. And if any of my guys did that, they would be in deep poop. We have respect for cars and people, and maybe more so since all of us have our own "hot rods" that are pampered. We all understand the "seperation anxiety" with having ourbabies left in someone elses control.
I've only had one person that didnt want to leave the car with us while we did the work. He stayed the entire time and kept a mindful eye/ear while we worked. It was a 67 coupe with a 351W, freshly restored and painted in blue. Very nice indeed.
You made your point clear to the service manager, even more so after the fact. I hope the irresponsible individuals were reprimanded at the very least. My wife took ours in for warranty work once. She intentionally let the gas tank get near empty, and waited for it to be done.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

A VERY GOOD FRIEND of mne worked for FORD over 25 years. I have bought ALL my new cars from him over the years. He ALWAYS took good care of me and made sure he handed my keys to the right tech when work needed to be done! BUT - now he left to work for a friend of his atLand Rover. Now that I have to take my Mustang in - I have nobody I trust - and I feel your pain ! I am very particular with my car - park FAR FAR away from everything - won't ever take to a car wash, (wash myself) because how they revved the hell out of my 89 5.0. This sux. I am DREADING taking this into the stealership !
Old 03-26-2008, 07:21 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

Im glad Im pretty tight with my serv. dept. at the dealer they would never do anything like this to my car . When the new converter went in they called me to do the test drive with them becouse they did not Know what all I had in the tune . If you find a good serv. dealer be onest and stick with them I trust my dealers serv. dept. 100 % with my car but I understand dealers like this are few and far between.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:16 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

When I first bought my car, there was an imperfection in the front bumper, but the dealer said they would replace it right away. Well after about a month or so, they finally get the new bumper in and painted. I leave my car there for a half a day while they install the bumper, and then I get it back with an extra 40 miles on the car. My car only had about 1300 miles on it at the time, but I didn't bother saying anything. I figure if I end up doing some mods that they disagree with, I will remind them about that little driving experience.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:23 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

+1
I got mine set for 3500rpm for that very reason

ORIGINAL: exx1976

You guys ever hear of a valet tune?

I even have a little sign that I tape to the steering wheel so when they get it in they know.

rev limited to 3k, speed limited to 55. I don't TELL them what the limits are, but I do tell them it's not even worth it to bother. Even if they tried, they aren't going to be able to have much fun with it.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:25 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Most dealers will let you back where they work on the cars. I'd rather be there bs'ing with them than watching opera and eating donuts...
Old 03-26-2008, 09:08 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

I agree with that !
Old 03-26-2008, 10:46 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

I would have had the service managers head on a platter [:@]
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 PM
MyGrabberOrangeGT
2nd Gear Member

Precisely why they won't get my car for a stupid airbag recall. Honestly, a 5th% female not wearing a seatbelt/ seat forward will get hurt by the airbag. Nobody rides in my car without the seatbelt on anyways. Not worth the aggravation to bring it in.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I never told this story but . .

I ordered my 06 GT in Nov of 05. It came in Jan 22, 06. I drove up test drove it, loved it and bought it. While signing paperwork I told the sales rep (who I had bought several cars from) the leather was dirty and needed to be cleaned tomake sure it wasn't stained. The car went to the back and got detailed and topped off with fuel. After signing the paperwork and walking out to take delivery I saw my car sitting there in the same parking spot. Only now it it was wrecked. The young kid was driving the car from the back lot to the front, crashed it into another parked new car. The entire passengerside was demolished. Speechless to say the least. Salesman ripped up the paperwork and immediately got on the phone and within 3 days he struck a deal for a car almost exactly like the oneI ordered.

Since then I'm very cautious about leaving the car there and who drives it.

Quick Reply: Screwy Dealership. . .