Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which O/R pipe, Prochamber or H?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:15 AM
bkmagby
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Which O/R pipe, Prochamber or H?

Thanks for the sound clips mynameismike65! That helps allot with getting a sense of the tone and what the car will sound like. I know there is know way to tell just how loud it will be, but like I said it does help with knowing how it will sound.

I think Loud Mouths and O/R pipe would be way to loud for me. Actually just the Loud Mouths would probably be way to loud for me. I haven’t heard the Mac’s like on your car but I get the feeling that they are probably louder than my GTA’s.

As far as seat of the pants feel, I'm not really expecting any. After I did the Gears and CAI + Tune, I haven’t been overwhelmed with a seat of the pants increase from any of my other mod's. The JBA Shorty's are noticeable in the mid range though.

At this point, I just kind of feel that I have crossed the "half way point" if you will. I might aswell go all the way to the other side as far as bolts on go. And like you said, the O/R mid pipe isn't going to get me that much, but that is why I want to choose the last remaining bolt on parts carefully, so I do get as much "bang for the buck" as I can. (Get every single hp from the remaining simple bolt on's that I can).

So I will buy the O/R Prochamber in April, then in May I will buy the CMCP deleat plates along with some valve covers, then in June I will probably get either the Under-drive Pulleys, or Aluminum Drive Shaft. Then I think I will have all the bolt on’s. Then I plan to take it down and have it dyno'd and see where I'm at. And hopefully some day I can S/C it, or if not, start in with heads and cam maybe.

As far as emissions testing I am a little concerned. I think that they just plug in to your cars computer and check for codes? I hope that is the case, because I am going to get my O/R Prochamber from Brenspeed and have their tune for the O/R Prochamber so that I know that I will not get any check engine lights.

But I'm afraid if they stick the sniffer in the tail pipe, then I will be busted! If they do, I hope they don't fine me, hopefully they will just not pass me and I can go home and put my stock catted H-pipe back on for the smog test. I don't have to worry about it for almost 2 years though because I just bought my car in November. We have to do my wife’s car before mine, so I will see how they do her car and be able to prepare for mine. I’m in Houston TX.

Thanks again.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:40 AM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Which O/R pipe, Prochamber or H?

ORIGINAL: bkmagby

Thanks for the sound clips mynameismike65! That helps allot with getting a sense of the tone and what the car will sound like. I know there is know way to tell just how loud it will be, but like I said it does help with knowing how it will sound.

I think Loud Mouths and O/R pipe would be way to loud for me. Actually just the Loud Mouths would probably be way to loud for me. I haven’t heard the Mac’s like on your car but I get the feeling that they are probably louder than my GTA’s.

As far as seat of the pants feel, I'm not really expecting any. After I did the Gears and CAI + Tune, I haven’t been overwhelmed with a seat of the pants increase from any of my other mod's. The JBA Shorty's are noticeable in the mid range though.

At this point, I just kind of feel that I have crossed the "half way point" if you will. I might aswell go all the way to the other side as far as bolts on go. And like you said, the O/R mid pipe isn't going to get me that much, but that is why I want to choose the last remaining bolt on parts carefully, so I do get as much "bang for the buck" as I can. (Get every single hp from the remaining simple bolt on's that I can).

So I will buy the O/R Prochamber in April, then in May I will buy the CMCP deleat plates along with some valve covers, then in June I will probably get either the Under-drive Pulleys, or Aluminum Drive Shaft. Then I think I will have all the bolt on’s. Then I plan to take it down and have it dyno'd and see where I'm at. And hopefully some day I can S/C it, or if not, start in with heads and cam maybe.

As far as emissions testing I am a little concerned. I think that they just plug in to your cars computer and check for codes? I hope that is the case, because I am going to get my O/R Prochamber from Brenspeed and have their tune for the O/R Prochamber so that I know that I will not get any check engine lights.

But I'm afraid if they stick the sniffer in the tail pipe, then I will be busted! If they do, I hope they don't fine me, hopefully they will just not pass me and I can go home and put my stock catted H-pipe back on for the smog test. I don't have to worry about it for almost 2 years though because I just bought my car in November. We have to do my wife’s car before mine, so I will see how they do her car and be able to prepare for mine. I’m in Houston TX.

Thanks again.
Yeah all they do in WI is plug into your computer and see if there are any codes and as long as you have a tune to turn it off or MIL eliminators they dont even bother with anything else.....I think that the combo of the deleat plates and pullies would be more satisfying results whys and SOP feel then the O/R midpipe.....either way you will have on nice *** car when your done......I would love to start the bolton process but Im not until the damn thing is paid off[:@]......believe me you wont be dissapointed in the quality of the prochamber......you do get what you pay for.