Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does anyone have Cervinis side exhaust on their GT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anyone have Cervinis side exhaust on their GT?

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

ORIGINAL: SONICBOOST3

Thats pretty funny. I wouldn't worry too much about gaining or losing hp with mufflers..

...you are completely changing the entire route of the exhaust... it doesn't come out the back anymore, it comes out of the side.

I realize the loss of hp could be negligible but perhaps not.

I know plenty of people who felt the loss of torque after installing stingers and loudmouths, how much could that possibly be?
I had stingers and loudmouths and didn't feel a difference. Dam I can't imagine what those people think when they actually put some performance mods on their cars?
Old 03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have never heard of that and the exhaust is shielded quite well IMO and though I get warm sitting on Woodard during the Dream Cruise I never get scoulded by the exhaust! Anyone else?................J
ORIGINAL: CDT_Larry_J

I've heard the sides of the car under the door get scorching hot and could burn your leg. That true?
Old 04-01-2008, 06:44 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

no you shouldnt get burned. you dont put your foot that far back anyway. the pipes are warm but they don't scorch the paint either.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

+1 Warm but won't scorch you You are thinking of the old header sidepipes you used to see on old Vettes......those would burn the hoooohaaah out ofyou.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okbfd

[sm=exactly.gif] Love the sound and scaring the dickens out of people who want to hear it but stand lookin over your shoulder when you fire it up.....blows their pant legs up
HAHA!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
AK43
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SONICBOOST3

Thats pretty funny. I wouldn't worry too much about gaining or losing hp with mufflers..
REPLY: I should have explained myself better. I'm not expecting any HP gain by just adding muuflers. I was wondering about throttle responce on a bone stock GT. I read somewhere where someone had this problem after adding this exhaust. I've been a long time owner and builder of mostly chevrolets(1967 chevelles) my favorite, where you did not have to have it hooked up to a dyno-tuner to getit rightbecause you added a high flow air intake and exhaust (computer(EFI)). I have the side & quater window scoops from Cervini and plan on adding the rest of the kit with solid skirts? if i can find where I can get a rear valance to fit simuliar to the cervini but to accomidate the stock duals? Thanks to all of you very much