Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ET's

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:41 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ET's

No offense but if you stay here long enough you will see those that aren't honest. I've run some scca races in the past and it is a favorite of mine but it doesn't help in the 1/4 mile. Good runs though. What is the elevationof your track?

ORIGINAL: Beast

By the way, I didnt put the 60 time or the 1/8 because the track I ran on doesnt record it. The timeslip only shows 1/4, speed, and reaction time. It doesnt hurt my feelings if you dont believe me. I'm 40 years old and have no reason to lie.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Beast
1st Gear Member

Blue,
I just mentioned the SCCA racing to show that I can drive. I've had an 84 GT, 89 5.0LX. and an 93 5.0LX. I was a big fan of the Fox obviously. The 89was fairly modified and would run high12's on a good day with cheaters. I'm not sure the elevation but I would imagine not very high. I live in the south.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:56 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The good driver mod FTW!!

i wish i could find that [:@]

12.9 is a great run, but there have been only about 4-5 people that have just CAI and tune that can run that good. And blue is right, many around here exaggerate a bit. Congrats and wait til you really add some more power!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:57 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I'm on my fifth as well. An 85, 88gt, 93 notch, 2002 GT, and my 07. I understand what you're saying and I don't mean to come off as a *****. No worries bud..

Blue,
I just mentioned the SCCA racing to show that I can drive. I've had an 84 GT, 89 5.0LX. and an 93 5.0LX. I was a big fan of the Fox obviously. The 89was fairly modified and would run high12's on a good day with cheaters. I'm not sure the elevation but I would imagine not very high. I live in the south.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

By the way, I didnt put the 60 time or the 1/8 because the track I ran on doesnt record it. The timeslip only shows 1/4, speed, and reaction time. It doesnt hurt my feelings if you dont believe me. I'm 40 years old and have no reason to lie.
Man, that's too bad. It's hard to see what you're leaving on the table without the rest of the numbers but judging by your times...there isn't much left on that table haha.

Sorry I was a naysayer but like the others said...there are those out there that like knocking a few 1/10s off their time to try to impress. Excellent run.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Beast
1st Gear Member

You guys have me worried though that it was a fluke. I guess the main thing I wanted to emphasize is how different cars can be. Take my 89 vs my 93. There was no comparison. Right out of the box my 89 was a half second or more quicker. It would run low 14's stock compared to the mid to high 14's for the 93. My first mods were UDPS's, 3.27 gears, lower temp therm, and dynomax's. Just with those mods I ran a 13.7. I added cut outs just past the cats and ran a 13.45 at 103. (I still have the timeslip in a scrapbook like a geek) With the same mods in the 93I never broke the 13.9 barrier.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Beast
1st Gear Member

btw, the reaction time was .325. As far as more more power howarmat I'm taking it to the shop Tuesday for the Roush Supercharger. I'm a bit worried though. The car has 29k miles on it and I'm afraid adding the 145 hp to it might causes problems since the engine has been used to running without it. I've just heard stories about guys running turbo's, s-chargers, or nitrous on a slightly used motor and bam. No more motor. Thats why I'm going with the Roush for the warranty.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:27 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

nah you should be fine as long as the shop does the install correctly....i wouldnt sweat it at all!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:41 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

btw, the reaction time was .325. As far as more more power howarmat I'm taking it to the shop Tuesday for the Roush Supercharger. I'm a bit worried though. The car has 29k miles on it and I'm afraid adding the 145 hp to it might causes problems since the engine has been used to running without it. I've just heard stories about guys running turbo's, s-chargers, or nitrous on a slightly used motor and bam. No more motor. Thats why I'm going with the Roush for the warranty.
In all honesty, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and believing you until this post...

Not that your numbers are outrageous because I know several who have done it with similar mods but I can't get over the 'canned diablo tune'. breaking 13 is hard to believe with that tune. Perhaps everything was perfect though (weather, DA, prep) I don't know. I'm not jumping on you cause I don't know you and it very well could be true but this is one I'd have to see to believe, If I'm honest. Good luck with your car though and my opinion is just that - an opinion.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Beast
1st Gear Member

Mod, why that post? I dont mind the doubt. It shocked the hell out of me when I got the slip. All I could say was "holy ****".

Now this question. It's clear, and can be felt, that the Diablo tune made a big difference on the car. The Diablo won't work with the super charger obviously so I'll be selling it along with the CAI. Now I'm wondering if I should add a Brenspeed tune to the SC or just leave it stock with whatever the dealer puts on it. Adding the extra horsepower with the SC should be enough shouldnt it?