Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

delete plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:53 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: delete plates

ORIGINAL: exx1976

lol!! me and my blower dont need no stinkin $100 delete plates.. lol
in reality why would people with these types of blowers really want them, unless they waisted thier money before going f/i and used them for the hell of it. centri types and turbo lack massive tourqe down low when compared to a roots style blower anyway. the stock delete plate work in harmony with the throttle body, the blades on both pecies work and move at the exact same time. so you loose a few pounds of torqe by changing the plates. with a centri personally i would want to keep as much low power as i can. i could go on and on, but my point is save your money
Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustard05
the doolor to hp ratio is so horrible

Yes, my doolor to hp ratio is horrible too

Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

you pretty close to being correct buddy, i have done almost all mods to this car, trust me, the only way these stupid things would even be worth it, would be if someone was going with a turbo or centri type blower and even then i would say save your money. these things are just another way for some company to take your money. do you know what exactlywhat they do, if you did then in theary these moght be worth but in the end for a few ponies hell no. the doolor to hp ratio is so horrible on these cars why waste it on a useless mod
Well, I'll get right on writing to Steeda and Ford to tell them that some forum member with poor spelling and grammar has made the executive decision that the delete plates are useless.

I will admit that they only add maybe 5-7hp, and that most of the increase people do see is from the tune that is required to run them. People who already have an intake a good tune who install these and claim they don't work fail to realize that is nearly impossible to "feel" ~5hp when you already have 300+.

Delete plates have been dyno tested, and proven to add power. Doug at Bamachips posted dyno results but I can't find them at the moment.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

i get exited when people seem to chalenge my knowledge, and i then lose my ability to speel,, i mean spell.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Found it...

https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=4850197
Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Here is the graph reference above.....i would day that even at 5 HP for 90 i paid that it was worth it. Remember these help get gains from LTs also and the CAI.....its all about airflow
Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Thanks Howarmat.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Spelling and grammar aside (Even though they are my pet peeves - challenge has TWO L's IN IT, and it's excited, not exited! You didn't leave the thread!!!), I'm gonna have to go with mustard on this one..

I mean really now. They change the torque curve, if I remember correctly from those dyno sheets.. The car makes more power, but it's not really useful until you're up in the 3k range..Further, some members have reported the car running rougher at part-throttle and low-rpms..

Like I said - $100 plus a tune for 2-5 hp?? Seems like there are better ways to spend money and modify a car than to add 30 mods that each give you 5 hp.. That's 30 things that aren't OEM, 30 things to track down, 30 things that could break/cause failure.. Just save the $$, get a blower, make more power, and have fewer things that could give you headaches (it's one BIG mod instead of 30 little ones).

NOTE: The only time I'd recommend these things is, as previously noted by both myself and others, is if you are getting a turbo or a centri. For an NA car, I don't see the point, and for roots/ts, they can't even be used.

Just my $.02, YMMV.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

your a tool bro. your trying to tell me that a140 bucks for 4 to 6 hp is money well spent, do you believe in tb spacers as well. you should wright steeda, ill even pm you my real name and ask them to look it up, i betit wont change the huge discount they give me anyway. like i said ive done every mod you can think of, and its a waste of time. ive had the udp with delete plates and this and that intake and this and that exuast and so forth and so fourth. just because youve wated your money doesnt mean everybody else should, and thier are a couple members on this forum that will vouch for me.and as for three hundred rwhp, ive been thier to. so i also will say dont waste your money on the little things like delete plates, thiers a lot better. and if you think the delete plates are that worth it, when you reach 450 rwhp and higher, that last thing on a centri owners mind would be delete plartes, trust me
Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

in reality why would people with these types of blowers really want them, unless they waisted thier money before going f/i and used them for the hell of it. centri types and turbo lack massive tourqe down low when compared to a roots style blower anyway. the stock delete plate work in harmony with the throttle body, the blades on both pecies work and move at the exact same time. so you loose a few pounds of torqe by changing the plates. with a centri personally i would want to keep as much low power as i can. i could go on and on, but my point is save your money
Roots and Twin-screw blowers replace the entire intake manifold including the CMCV plates. People running Centri blowers or turbos run the risk of one of the CMCV blades breaking off and ruining the motor. I would much rather lose the little low end torque then run the risk of destroying my motor.

For someone who doesn't like their knowledge challenges, you sure seem to lack a lot of it.

Quick Reply: delete plates