Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First MUSTANG

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:14 AM
CHUBBCHUBB

Default RE: First MUSTANG

I guess you are right, V8 not the V6.

As of yesterday none of the local dealers around here are taking orders for '05 GT convertibles.

It is my understanding that the '06 price will increase by $1500.00 and the dealers will continue to mark them up well over MSRP.

Maybe it's time to choose another vehicle.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Chubbchubb...

For $1,500 plus what your local dealers would mark it up... wouldn't it benifit you to go outside or your area.. or even your state? Dealers ARE still taking orders for GT's Converts. but they are in areas where the mustang is not in so much of demand. inf Florida they have GT Converts sitting their lots.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I THINK THE PROFESSOR IS BECOMING DELUSIONAL. I JUST DID A SEARCH OF FLORIDA FORD DEALERS' INVENTORY INCLUDING : JACKSONVILLE, ORLANDO, ST PETERSBURG, TAMPA, WEST PALM BEACH, LAKE WORTH, FORT LAUDERDALE, AND MIAMI.

I FOUND EXACTLY 1 GT CONVERT: MAIAMI, IN SCREAMING YELLOW (NO THANKS).

V6'S HOWEVER ARE PLENTY, PROBABLY FOR THE REASON THAT WE ALL KNOW HERE, MUSTANGS ARE DESIGNED, BUILT AND BOUGHT FOR A PURPOSE.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Drbobvs...

I am not delusional... Cenile perhaps (I'm 50)... Tthanks for the research and that update, I was makeing that statement based on commentary I rememberd (foggedly I presume) of who had and had not had cars in the posts. My general Point still stands though!... there ARE areas WITH cars... and other areas you couldn't get one even if you had a crooked dealer willing to take a 10k bribe for it.

I wish Ford would have a site you could globally search the dealership, say in an entire state. The have that ability from the dealerships I presume because I have had dealers do lookup for me on other cars

And finally - - why did you type all that in UPPER CASE... I might be old and cenile, but I am NOT blind and can read normal letters quite well.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:52 PM
CHUBBCHUBB

It is my understanding that FORD was not too sure how the the new Mustang would generate a great demand therefore production was limited. Apparently they misjudged the market and now there seems to be a great demand. I think this was some sort of marketing ploy so that premium prices could be obtained. I refuse to pay MSRP and MSRP + "dealer prep" for any automobile. That is what I'm seeing now for the Mustang.

Will this change once the 2006 models are out? Will there be a significant cost increase with the 2006?

I guess the answer to these questions are based entirely on consumer demand; how bad do we want these Mustangs.

Old 05-02-2005, 05:07 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: CHUBBCHUBB

...I refuse to pay MSRP and MSRP + "dealer prep" for any automobile.
Right now, that would be a deal. I paid MSRP for mine, and since I'm in California, I consider it a bargain. It could have been $2K - $5K more.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:25 PM
GT Dan
1st Gear Member

Chubb,

I went from the 1996 5.0 Explorer to the V6 Mustang. Kept it for a month and traded up to the GT. If you are driving the V8 Explorer, dont get the V6, especially the automatic.

You won't like it. It doesnt have the top end passing ability that you have right now in your Explorer and the transmission lags between 15-25 MPH. When you are trying to merge into heavy traffic and need to jump over one lane, by the time the trans downshifts, the hole is gone. Of course you can always slide it down into 2nd manually......

Don't get me wrong, the V6 is fun and hauls **** on open road but if you're gonna get a V6, get the manual. Otherwise upgrade and get the V8.

Dan
Old 05-03-2005, 10:14 AM
red05

ok chubbchubb one thing is ford has limited production on the gt's not the v6 model this is part due to the problem with the struts in which still no fix as of today. my friend is a service manager for two major ford dealerships in ga. and he has been working with ford on this issuse and they have not come up with a solution. Also each dealership in the us was limited to only 10 05 gt's this year unless they traded with another dealership for some of their inventory. I saw the letter from ford to the dealerships that said ( If you have a gt that has a contract already signed you will get the car in the order of availibility from ford.) but what has happened is some of the dealers were getting people just to sign saying they would buy it and then when they received the gt it would go to dealer stock and ford caught on to this and now you have to pay for it in advance such as down payment or cash of front and you might get one if the dealership is not over quota. The best way to get one is to search all the dealerships in your region to see if they have one on inventory and go buy it right then or it will be gone fast. I turned down three gt coupes and two gt conv. until I bought the torch red gt coupe I have now for 1000 dollars below msrp which was dealer stock on a very small dealership. Right now they have about 15 v6 models and one black gt (auto) and a torch red gt conv. (auto) on the lot, that I know you can buy at msrp or below. so they are out there but you have to search for them. I hope this helps.