Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Paxton 2200 kit from Brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 PM
07VBmustangGT

Default RE: Paxton 2200 kit from Brenspeed

Thanks for the replies hopefully will get all the stuff this week and install it next weekend. Can't wait for all this horsepower.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

I have the kit with gt-500 pumps but didn't use the brenspeed tune. I didn't want anything over 450 at the wheels so i got a custom dyno tune. The sound of the two bypass valves is amazing. You will love it... I love this kit so much my future stang will be getting the same blower.... With that said

PAXTON 2200..FTW!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07VBmustangGT

Thanks for the replies hopefully will get all the stuff this week and install it next weekend. Can't wait for all this horsepower.
dont forget the videos. FI is a beautiful thing.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:46 PM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

I second the motion that its the best FI kit for the money. Granted the Whipple IC comes with plugs and a GT500 pump, but the BAP is more then enough for under 550rwhp. I think the TS's are great also but they require quite a financial investment for the same HP. I have the Novi 2200 that I didnt get from Brenspeed but I just ordered one of their tunes and a BAP for safety reasons. I dont trust the tune I am currently running, I think its too much timing when the heat of summer comes. After speaking to Brenspeed I think they are really on top of their game, I should have just ordered from them to start as I ended up needing HT0 plugs and BAP anyway. I personally guarantee you will love the power of the Paxton, its very progressive and just feels right. You might want to consider saving a few bucks and get their non IC Vortech cause the Paxton might be too much HP unless you really need over 450rwhp. I would have been happy with a non IC Paxton or Vortech. If I get another mustang I will do the non IC version of the Paxton/Vortech. Either way enjoy your new blower!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hypersurf1

I second the motion that its the best FI kit for the money. Granted the Whipple IC comes with plugs and a GT500 pump, but the BAP is more then enough for under 550rwhp. I think the TS's are great also but they require quite a financial investment for the same HP. I have the Novi 2200 that I didnt get from Brenspeed but I just ordered one of their tunes and a BAP for safety reasons. I dont trust the tune I am currently running, I think its too much timing when the heat of summer comes. After speaking to Brenspeed I think they are really on top of their game, I should have just ordered from them to start as I ended up needing HT0 plugs and BAP anyway. I personally guarantee you will love the power of the Paxton, its very progressive and just feels right. You might want to consider saving a few bucks and get their non IC Vortech cause the Paxton might be too much HP unless you really need over 450rwhp. I would have been happy with a non IC Paxton or Vortech. If I get another mustang I will do the non IC version of the Paxton/Vortech. Either way enjoy your new blower!
But when you raise the boost on the whipple to 15 or so psi, you wouldn't stand a chance.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 AM
hypersurf1
2nd Gear Member

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright. You could just push the paxton to 15psi also. There is no magic Whipple fairy. Andwhen yourWhipple intake startsholding you back dont come crying to me...
Old 04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
07VBmustangGT

Today Seth from Brenspeed gave me a call asking for information on my car andthey are shipping me the new paxton 2200 sl for the same price as the original i couldn't be happier much easier install. The guys at Brenspeed are great will deal with them often in the future.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07VBmustangGT

Today Seth from Brenspeed gave me a call asking for information on my car andthey are shipping me the new paxton 2200 sl for the same price as the original i couldn't be happier much easier install. The guys at Brenspeed are great will deal with them often in the future.
Congrats!! Post of many pics and videos when you get it.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

ORIGINAL: hypersurf1

But when you raise the boost on the whipple to 15 or so psi, you wouldn't stand a chance.

Your an idiot!!!!![X(] I love how people without blowers like to throw in their two cents about which blower is better[>:]( I don't give a **** how much experience you have with blowers either, if you don't have one on your s197 SHUP UP!!!)The novi 2200 is capable of 900+HP. At 15 psi the 2200 would not be breaking a sweat...
Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
killbee
1st Gear Member

I have this kit sitting in the garage waiting to be installed this weekend. I ordered from Brenspeed also but got the GT500 pumps instead of the Boost-A-Pump. I also got the new SL series so I dont have to tap the oil pan. The new SL series is what helped me choose the Paxton along with no worries of intercooler pump failures, collent leaks, or heat soak. I have driven both a TS and Cent mustang and I just liked the way the cent launched better. Nothing wrong with the TS, but it was just too easy to blow the tires off. I could get about the same times from both cars. Running the cars side by side the TS would have the advantage thru the 1/8th but the cent would catch up and usually pull on top of the 1/4. If I wanted just a fun street car I would have went with the TS just for the ease of good smokey burnouts and red light to red light fun.

Quick Reply: Paxton 2200 kit from Brenspeed