Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Break it down for me Paxton Novi 2200

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Break it down for me Paxton Novi 2200

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

But heres the question... with my mods that I have I think that anything over 400 hp is just going to be a waste, and I'm not really looking at changing out my entire suspension, don't you think? I've also been looking at the non intercooled vortech that brenspeed has, I really like that and I think it will be perfect for what I want and if I ever want more hp after i get that then i can upgrade and put an intercooler in. As of now with the guys i've been talking to that have the vortech kit I'll be pushing about 440 hp if I go with that. 480 hp with the paxton for another 500 bucks doesn't really appeal to me right now.

wait..how much power are you putting to the ground? 350-380?
if that's the case then what's wrong with 480-490whp with modest psi?? (8-9psi)
Old 04-10-2008, 02:21 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I thought the paxton made 480rwhp @ 12 psi.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Steatlh_GT: I'd be lucky if I'm putting 300 rwhp to the ground right now. maybe 350- 360 to the crank. Pretty sure that the paxton 2200 puts out 12 psi for 480rwhp like the guy above said. If I have 480rwhp without suspension mods its going to be hard to keep my car from spinning and jumping all over the place when that s/cer kicks in at 3000 rpms. So I figure since my next mod is going to be a S/Cer and not a change in suspension then I'll stick to the lower 400s where my stock suspension and my sticky tires can hold on for the ride. Then maybe down the road I can get and intercooler and some suspension mods. I wont be on a track until spring 2009 any ways.

Hypersurf: The reason why I like brenspeed vortech is because its a system that they made ,not just the non intercooled vortech. For the extra 500 bucks that I'll be paying for brenspeeds vortech I'll get about 40 more rwhp and it will put me right where I want my car, faster the all the other mustangs on my base, except for maybe the Saleen that roles around here. Just rechecked one of the dealers for vortech and the non intercooled S/Cer only puts 420 hp to the crank, not to the wheels. Brenspeed claims their custom vortech non intercooled system puts 430+ hp to the rear wheels, and that has been confirmed by another guy that I talked to earlier. So I would be glad to pay the 500 buck for the difference in those numbers.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:25 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

Steatlh_GT: I'd be lucky if I'm putting 300 rwhp to the ground right now. maybe 350- 360 to the crank. Pretty sure that the paxton 2200 puts out 12 psi for 480rwhp like the guy above said. If I have 480rwhp without suspension mods its going to be hard to keep my car from spinning and jumping all over the place when that s/cer kicks in at 3000 rpms. So I figure since my next mod is going to be a S/Cer and not a change in suspension then I'll stick to the lower 400s where my stock suspension and my sticky tires can hold on for the ride. Then maybe down the road I can get and intercooler and some suspension mods. I wont be on a track until spring 2009 any ways.
lol You're right...but I'd rather have the power first then deal with traction issues later on
as they arise..that way I'd still have alot more power then the other guy (hopefully)

I hate to sound cocky but I think I may be able to handle all that power even with an auto.

you have to admit..that really is a fark load of power to the wheels
Old 04-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Its not whether or not YOU can handle the hp its if your car can. I dont think i've ever seen some one pushing 450+ rwhp with out suspension mods. You know what, I think you should do it though, I'd like to know how it would turn out for you. Make sure you take video if you do. I'm not trying to be an a$$hole or any thing but I would like to see how theses things would handle with 450+ rwhp and none of the mods that everyone claims that you need.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Just keep in mind that adding an intercooler later on is actually more expensive than doing it now. Meaning I would venture to say doing the intercooler later on would be more than $500 if you do it now.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
samus720
2nd Gear Member

Maybe this sounds dumb, but Heavyg72 how are you making 482rwhp? Are you running stock motor? I'm not saying that you're not making the power, I just wanna know if you're making that on the stock rotating assembly. And if so, is that safer to do with a centri s/c or does it even make a difference? thanks.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Reminisce
1st Gear Member

The Paxton 2200 makes big power. It may use similar piping and everything similar to the Vortech, but the Novi 2200 is actually a more powerful head unit than the Vortech V2 SQ. I think in comparison, its along the lines of the Vortech T-trim, which most guys on older mustang platforms use to make big power out of their vortech systems. The Paxton Novi 2200 is also my dream kit, as someone else mentioned, and I've been prowling it for over a year. I've seen stories from guys on various forums that have actually had to have their tuners tone DOWN the power this kit makes, because 460+rwhp is rather easy to make. I've been in one Paxton SC'd stang and it is by far MY favorite sounding SC for the S197, the whobble and whoosh sound that the bypass valves make is sexy as hell.

As for suspension, you could PROBABLY get away without much suspension modding for a while on a Centri SC, because unlike Twin Screws, Centris build power later on in the power band (I think the 2200 starts boosting around 3k?).
Old 04-10-2008, 01:40 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

I have the Paxton Novi 2200 s/c installed and dyno tuned by Brenspeed; I had him stop at 455 rwhp. I have a/t ,stock suspension I made 4 passes at the track last year 11.9 117 twice and 12.0 117 twice, 2.0 60ft. This was with Nittro drag radilas. It was the first time at the track with the s/c and I have never had a car making this much power, I need more practice lauching.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samus720

Maybe this sounds dumb, but Heavyg72 how are you making 482rwhp? Are you running stock motor? I'm not saying that you're not making the power, I just wanna know if you're making that on the stock rotating assembly. And if so, is that safer to do with a centri s/c or does it even make a difference? thanks.
Yes, stock rotating rotating assembly and it was dyno tuned by Brenspeed. I have an auto as well. You will see the Paxtons make a ton of power. I had Brent make 2 tunes for me. One is a streat tune that shifts at 6000rpm that runs at about 450rwhp. The second is a race tune that shifts at 6400rpm and runs at the 482rwhp. I just run the race tune all the time as unless you are beating the hell out of it all the time you are not in the 6400rpm range that often. The only suspension mod's that I've done are the LCA's and adj pan-hard.

Quick Reply: Break it down for me Paxton Novi 2200