Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hesitation!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hesitation!!!!

ORIGINAL: tofast4u1989

how do you recalibrate the gaspedal and throttle body, and what does disconnecting the battery do? i have heard somthing about also turning on the battery and doing somting with the gas pedal that somehow fixes somting is that true? do you recomend running stuff like stp gas cleaner and stp fuel injector cleaner when chaning the oil?
Turn the ignition on (but not the motor), push the accelerator down slowly so that in 5 seconds you hit the floor board; then slowly release the accelerator so that in 5 seconds you're off it completely.

Disconnecting the battery will reset the PCM and the adaptive learning program.

DO NOT RUN ANY FUEL TREATMENTS OR INJECTOR CLEANERS. Seriously, many people have screwed up their fuel injectors doing this, so just don't do it.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
tofast4u1989

does the floorboard trick really work? gas treatment for cleaning gas is not good to use now?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:01 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

does the floorboard trick really work? gas treatment for cleaning gas is not good to use now?
I made a mistake, I was thinking of octane booster. Octane booster with ruin your spark plugs.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 PM
mrwglo
1st Gear Member

Oddly, I had this issue too. It seems to do it more when you go for longer periods of steady throttle (highway driving), then try to mash it at some point. The hesitation is horrible because it jerks the car real bad. I did the "pedal to the floor" thing and it seems to have fixed the problem (for now). But like you said, it's moody. It would do it sometimes and not others even under similar conditions. Weird. Did someone say there was a TSB for this?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Also, clean your throttle body!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
tofast4u1989

yeamrwglothere is a tsb for the fuel pump i had my fuel pump replaced so im hoping what i expereince was maybe bad gas not sure. do i need to clean the throttle body when i only have 34,000 miles on the car? whats the best stuff to use to clean it
Old 04-10-2008, 08:21 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

yeamrwglothere is a tsb for the fuel pump i had my fuel pump replaced so im hoping what i expereince was maybe bad gas not sure. do i need to clean the throttle body when i only have 34,000 miles on the car? whats the best stuff to use to clean it
Yes, take off the intake tube and have a look at the throttle body butterflies. They should be clean. I believe the mass air sensor can also be cleaned too.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
tofast4u1989

what should i use to cleanthe throttle body
Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 PM
scrmngt
1st Gear Member

I have had this happen to me...only twice, but it was after steady highway driving...thought it was just me...

ORIGINAL: mrwglo

Oddly, I had this issue too. It seems to do it more when you go for longer periods of steady throttle (highway driving), then try to mash it at some point. The hesitation is horrible because it jerks the car real bad. I did the "pedal to the floor" thing and it seems to have fixed the problem (for now). But like you said, it's moody. It would do it sometimes and not others even under similar conditions. Weird. Did someone say there was a TSB for this?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

i sometimes have the same thing.

my hypothesis: its the Charge Motion Plates sticking.

Quick Reply: Hesitation!!!!