Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Who knows about Prochambers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:15 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default Who knows about Prochambers?

What is the sound level, tone, and quality of a prochamber compared to our H-pipe? I need someone who has compared both with the same setup, like catted H vs. catted prochamber, or offroad H vs. offroad prochamber.

Is it louder, deeper pitched, higher pitched,more mellow, etc?

I just found outMac offers a PRochamber that mates up to our stock cats.

Thanks everyone.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Who knows about Prochambers?

I don't know but my prochamber sounds sweet as hell with my pypes mid muffler system. I wouldn'trun any other mid pipe!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:51 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...ust_147697.htmmac longtubes, with o/r prochamber and pypes mid mufflers. The prochamber imo is the best to put on these cars
Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 AM
doctorj77
2nd Gear Member

I just installed my MAC LT and Prochamber last weekend. I'm extremely happy with sound. Very deep, plus has a little tinny sound which I like.

But for comparison, I'll tell I'm really surprised its quieter than my previous setup. I had stock headers, MRT catted H and Magnaflow mufflers up under the middle. That was louder at startup and idle. I'm not running cats either with my Prochamber. This setup with either Pypes, Magnaflows, or any other mid muffler is the best sound setup I've ever heard on our cars.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I'm really surprised its quieter than my previous setup.
Yeah that's what i was thinking. The Prochamber looks like a resonator and, like any other resonator, I would think it would make it quieter.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I'm thinking of buying the prochamber andsay the hell with the clean air. I have hear a audio clip and it sounds like the 2-valve which I believe was the best sounding mustang ever. I also have mac axlebacks. Wonder how loud this will be?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:04 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

How much of a difference in sound would a Prochamber that works with the stock cats make over just the stock H?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i've installed an o/r prochamber on my car and an o/r h on my friends car. Both have stinger axlebacks just his are FRPP and mine are Borla. No real volume difference the prochamber is just slightly deeper. We were both driving next to each other also at one point, no real volume difference. There are no baffles or anything in the prochamber it's just a metal box. If it's any quieter than its not really even noticeable IMO
Old 04-11-2008, 01:40 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

I'm thinking of buying the prochamber andsay the hell with the clean air. I have hear a audio clip and it sounds like the 2-valve which I believe was the best sounding mustang ever. I also have mac axlebacks. Wonder how loud this will be?
Please get the prochamber with the mac axlebacks....I need to hear some good vids
Old 04-11-2008, 01:42 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

I have tried a catted x, an o/r h and have an o/r prochamber waiting to be installed...The moment I heard the o/r porchamber in person, I ordered one within 5 minutes. Hands down, the best sounding midpipe out there!

Quick Reply: Who knows about Prochambers?